OT: U of Maryland to Represent USA at World University Games | The Boneyard

OT: U of Maryland to Represent USA at World University Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I should tell my daughter to stow away in one of the player's bags. She has just started her freshman year at College Park.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is how they usually do it on the men's side.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I should tell my daughter to stow away in one of the player's bags. She has just started her freshman year at College Park.
Walk on.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They have done this before with the women as well - it makes sense.

Reaction Score
Looks like they spread this around, but will be an advantage to have a couple of weeks of intensive team practice and competition in August, not to mention a terrific travel/cultural experience for the athletes.

The World University Games are held every other year and are organized by the International University Sports Federation (FISU). The event is a multi-sport competition open to men and women who are between the ages of 17 and 24, and are or have been within the past year, a student at a college or university.

This is just the second time a full team from a women’s collegiate program has represented the U.S. at the World University Games. UNC Charlotte participated in 2007 and the Big 12 conference fielded a team in 2003.

Reaction Score
Why does it make sense and why is MD the wrong team?

As we have seen from some of the other recent international competitions, just throwing a bunch of all-stars together in a gym for a few weeks doesn't necessarily lead to great play.........why not choose a really good college team and let them represent the country? Makes sense to me...........of course I would have preferred a different team to represent the USA.............perhaps UConn? On the other hand, it's always fun to watch BF blow a gasket once in awhile..............

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is great. Now that Brenda has all of this talent she can show the world how easy it is to win on the international level as well as domestically. Who needs Geno.
As we have seen from some of the other recent international competitions, just throwing a bunch of all-stars together in a gym for a few weeks doesn't necessarily lead to great play....why not choose a really good college team and let them represent the country? Makes sense to me......of course I would have preferred a different team to represent the USA...perhaps UConn? On the other hand, it's always fun to watch BF blow a gasket once in awhile....
I however disagree. MD is a good team. I do agree that it will be fun to watch Frese fry (burn?), especially when all of that talent she has refuses to gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom