OT: U of L holds spot @ #1 in Forbes list of Most Valuable MBB programs | The Boneyard

OT: U of L holds spot @ #1 in Forbes list of Most Valuable MBB programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am sure earning potential is involved which means future TV contract, hence UConns ranking.

Reaction Score
I am sure earning potential is involved which means future TV contract, hence UConns ranking.

Did you even read it?

"Our ranking of college basketball’s most valuable teams utilizes a weighted methodology with three components. They are, in order of weight, basketball revenue spent on athlete scholarships and other academic programming, profit kept by the athletic department to support athletic endeavors and conference revenue generated via NCAA tournament play. Valuations are based on revenues and expenses from the 2011-12 season."

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Louisville is college basketball’s most valuable men’s team, now worth $38.5 million, up from $36.1 million last year. (Not going to argue how they got to number as it appears it has been a consistent methodology YOY).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...t-of-college-basketballs-most-valuable-teams/

UConn not in top 20.

In other news, Yum Center least valuable arena because of L'Ville basketball. These methodologies are a joke - L'Ville has been gaming numbers for years.

Reaction Score
In other news, Yum Center least valuable arena because of L'Ville basketball. These methodologies are a joke - L'Ville has been gaming numbers for years.

I stipulated that but if they are using the same measures YOY it is what it is... Are all teams on list gaming the numbers?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I stipulated that but if they are using the same measures YOY it is what it is... Are all teams on list gaming the numbers?

Not to the same extent because most teams don't have a public entity bearing the costs while allowing the school to reap the revenue (and thus a higher "profit" gaming the metrics). For instance, UNC is responsible for the costs of running the Dean Dome, Duke of Cameron, UConn rents the Civic Center so can't recognize the revenue from skyboxes like L'Ville, etc. When the Yum goes bankrupt in a few years their numbers will be adjusted.

Reaction Score
some schools list contributions and licensing revenues under athletic department (that makes sense, no?). others for some reason list them under certain sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom