OT>U of L files NCAA appeal -- asks that 'unjust' and 'disproportionate' penalties be overturned. | The Boneyard

OT>U of L files NCAA appeal -- asks that 'unjust' and 'disproportionate' penalties be overturned.

Reaction Score
U of L files NCAA appeal -- asks that 'unjust' and 'disproportionate' penalties be overturned

>From there, U of L blasted away at penalties handed down by the NCAA’s committee on infractions, namely the vacating of several seasons worth of victories – including two Final Four appearances and the 2013 NCAA championship -- and the forfeiture of NCAA tournament money earned during those seasons. WDRB obtained the 68-page appeal today through an open records request. Men's basketball coach Rick Pitino filed his NCAA appeal separately.

U of L's appeal calls the NCAA penalties, “unjust and grossly disproportionate,” and asks the NCAA’s Infractions Appeals Committee to overturn the vacating of wins and financial penalties. U of L did not appeal other penalties handed down by the NCAA.<<

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've always thought that we made a mistake of not taking a more aggressive posture regarding our own sanctions. (and yes, I know that also appealed to the sanctions committee.) Somehow an extra text or phone call or two seems benign in comparison to what's routinely goes on at 'cuse, UNC, of Louisville.

(Hmm just had a typo spelling that out as Louisvile - that's actually a pretty apropos nickname. In all honesty, if God doesn't destroy Louisville, he probably owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I've always thought that we made a mistake of not taking a more aggressive posture regarding our own sanctions. (and yes, I know that also appealed to the sanctions committee.) Somehow an extra text or phone call or two seems benign in comparison to what's routinely goes on at 'cuse, UNC, of Louisville.

(Hmm just had a typo spelling that out as Louisvile - that's actually a pretty apropos nickname. In all honesty, if God doesn't destroy Louisville, he probably owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.)

I always thought that as well.

Seemed we could have hammering at the appeals process, though maybe with the NCAA there's more to it than we realize.

Reaction Score

We could of, but i also think we handled it the noble way. Admitted mistakes and put it in the past. These long drawn out investigations like UNC just make them look pathetic

Reaction Score
We could of, but i also think we handled it the noble way. Admitted mistakes and put it in the past. These long drawn out investigations like UNC just make them look pathetic
In retrospect we should have self suspended in 2012 . There were no seniors on that team so if anyone got screwed it was their choice.
Dragging the process out then playing an entire year under suspension kept us in the news far longer than needed to be.
AO would not have been able to transfer and who knows about Rodney. The perception that UConn was dead might have helped in other ways like those drought recruiting years. Drummond and Lamb probably were gone but who knows.
The NCAA was out to get JC and they won but the long term impact could have been less.

Reaction Score
The penalties are disproportionate and unfair. The student athletes are receiving the brunt of the penalty and Pitino is getting off easy. I would not rescind any games and would suspend Pitino for a full season, in addition to heavy scholarship subtractions.

I will add that I do get a kick out of Pitino's National Championship tattoo.

Reaction Score
In retrospect we should have self suspended in 2012 . There were no seniors on that team so if anyone got screwed it was their choice.
Dragging the process out then playing an entire year under suspension kept us in the news far longer than needed to be.
AO would not have been able to transfer and who knows about Rodney. The perception that UConn was dead might have helped in other ways like those drought recruiting years. Drummond and Lamb probably were gone but who knows.
The NCAA was out to get JC and they won but the long term impact could have been less.

I heard or thought I saw something recently that Hathaway was put in some NCAA compliance position.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The penalties are disproportionate and unfair. The student athletes are receiving the brunt of the penalty and Pitino is getting off easy. I would not rescind any games and would suspend Pitino for a full season, in addition to heavy scholarship subtractions.

I will add that I do get a kick out of Pitino's National Championship tattoo.

I think part of Pitino's punishment should include removal of his 2013 NC tattoo. A branding iron ought to do the trick.

Reaction Score
I know I shouldn't hold it against for the ACC choosing them over UConn, but it just makes me happy seeing them go down in flames.

They also have one of the dirtiest athletic departments, led by a narcissistic AD with zero morals even by Divison 1 standards. Oh, and they consistently cook the books with revenue and attendance. And they have two of the worst human beings running their two biggest sports teams. And I'm pretty sure their accreditation is under investigation too.

But aside from that, there's really nothing to dislike about Louisville.

Reaction Score
U of L files NCAA appeal -- asks that 'unjust' and 'disproportionate' penalties be overturned

>From there, U of L blasted away at penalties handed down by the NCAA’s committee on infractions, namely the vacating of several seasons worth of victories – including two Final Four appearances and the 2013 NCAA championship -- and the forfeiture of NCAA tournament money earned during those seasons. WDRB obtained the 68-page appeal today through an open records request. Men's basketball coach Rick Pitino filed his NCAA appeal separately.

U of L's appeal calls the NCAA penalties, “unjust and grossly disproportionate,” and asks the NCAA’s Infractions Appeals Committee to overturn the vacating of wins and financial penalties. U of L did not appeal other penalties handed down by the NCAA.<<

Unjust and unfair compared to what? The other programs who got caught buying hookers for recruits?

Reaction Score
I always thought that as well.

Seemed we could have hammering at the appeals process, though maybe with the NCAA there's more to it than we realize.
Instead we hired the worlds fattest AD ecause the NCAA had given him an award for improving APR scores. The UConn leadership assumed this would lead to the NCAA reconsidering sanctions. It proved the old saw that when you assume you make an ass of u and me.

Reaction Score
Instead we hired the worlds fattest AD ecause the NCAA had given him an award for improving APR scores. The UConn leadership assumed this would lead to the NCAA reconsidering sanctions. It proved the old saw that when you assume you make an ass of u and me.
Freshly back from Charlottesville, I'd imagine.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still see asterisks; while on a PC.
Ha Ha, okay I see now.
Butch is awesome.

LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members