OT- Tulane Gets Jobbed On Last Play Of Season By Replay Refs To Miss Bowl Eligibility | The Boneyard

OT- Tulane Gets Jobbed On Last Play Of Season By Replay Refs To Miss Bowl Eligibility

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe. Clear issue with this league and the fourth rate TV outlets is that there aren’t good replay angles available.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Watch the ESPN video. It includes the replay. Those officials in the booth should never work another game. This league's officiating keeps proving it doesn't belong in the P5.

Good call. Did the booth have that view though?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Looks like a TD to me. But the refs blow several calls per game. I don't know what the exact percentage of games decided by bad ref calls is, but it has to be 10%.

In our game today, several calls were blown and most (all?) went against us.

I don't know if anything can be done to eliminate all bad calls. The replay reviews have helped a lot.

Reaction Score
It was first down, why didn't they clock it and kick a FG to tie the game. The QB could have thrown a shovel pass for a TD to #15. Looked like us vs Navy.

Reaction Score
Technology today really lets us see just how many calls are questionable at best. I'm at the point where I can't tell what's interference, what's holding, what's a catch, etc. It seems like the officials can't tell either and it really sucks to watch.

Reaction Score
Yeah that was a TD. Should have definitely been overturned. I know it's unlikely but I hope they are one of the few 5-7 teams that get to go to a bowl.

Reaction Score
That's another reason this conference sucks....inept officials and replay guys. P6 my ass

Reaction Score
Yeah that was a TD. Should have definitely been overturned. I know it's unlikely but I hope they are one of the few 5-7 teams that get to go to a bowl.

There are enough bowl eligible teams so no 5-7s this year. In fact at least one 6-6 team won't get a spot.

Reaction Score
www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21556791

Ok I'll try again. Our officials suck. A bad call on the field and those replay guys should never work another game.

I'll say this about officiating. I see some of our former Big East officials officiating B1G, SEC, & ACC conference games. Either their contracts didn't transfer to the AAC, or the AAC couldn't afford to retain them.

Reaction Score
I'll say this about officiating. I see some of our former Big East officials officiating B1G, SEC, & ACC conference games. Either their contracts didn't transfer to the AAC, or the AAC couldn't afford to retain them.
They don't need to be right every time... that's why they have video review. Why the video review can't reverse obviously poor calls is another story. Why bother?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They don't need to be right every time... that's why they have video review. Why the video review can't reverse obviously poor calls is another story. Why bother?
There have been countless times in the AAC games I’ve seen this year where there has been a horrible call go to replay and stand. It’s like they’re embarrassed to say their wrong. No confidence in their own officiating.

Reaction Score
Bad call. But they will never overturn it if they can't see the ball, the line, and the knee (or whatever) all at the same time. Clearly he was over, but you can't see the ball. Tough break.

Reaction Score
He was down or the ball just edged the line and was barely above the plane. Way too hard to call live and just as hard on tape. While it sucks for Tulane, sometimes things just don’t go your way. The official is redeemed by this video.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I like the official at the top of the video who runs into the shot signaling "Touchdown" after the final whistle...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That view suggests a much closer call than the others which did not show his helmet hitting the turf. Still think he made it but likely inconclusive to overturn. You guys are re-hired only if you had that view to consider. If not you're still fired. Lol

This is another issue with replay. The network you are on drives the quality of views.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This is another issue with replay. The network you are on drives the quality of views.

This drives me nuts. If you are the undesirable game or on a specific network you have way fewer cameras and camera angles for your reviews. It shouldn't matter the teams playing or which channel you are on. If you are going to have review there should be a minimum number of cameras and camera angles and make sure they are at specific locations such as the goal lines, etc..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom