OT- Trouble in South Bend? | The Boneyard

OT- Trouble in South Bend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I know Ishaq Williams (former 5 star DE/LB in 2010) is going to be or is expelled for academic fraud that happened a couple years ago at Notre Dame, but I hope he transfers to Uconn if he straightend up his act. This was a couple of years ago according to the article, so if he's been good with his academics since then I don't see why not. Bob Diaco was his main recruiter while at ND in 2010.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I know Ishaq Williams (former 5 star DE/LB in 2010) is going to be or is expelled for academic fraud that happened a couple years ago at Notre Dame, but I hope he transfers to Uconn if he straightend up his act. This was a couple of years ago according to the article, so if he's been good with his academics since then I don't see why not. Bob Diaco was his main recruiter while at ND in 2010.

IIRC it was Diaco who was relentless in pursuing Williams. I'd take a chance with him. The school will never allow it to happen though.

Reaction Score
IIRC it was Diaco who was relentless in pursuing Williams. I'd take a chance with him. The school will never allow it to happen though.

We gave McCombs more than three chances and the kid was still at Uconn playing football until Diaco gave im the boot. We all made/make mistakes in life so if the school doesn't give Ishaq a second chance then I don't know what to say.

Reaction Score
We gave McCombs more than three chances and the kid was still at Uconn playing football until Diaco gave im the boot. We all made/make mistakes in life so if the school doesn't give Ishaq a second chance then I don't know what to say.

We've already seen this time and time again. The school simply does not take any more risks on academic question marks. It's too bad because Rutgers may snatch him up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The bold is the key part. McCombs was given three chances under PP, Diaco booted him because he was cleaning out the program of troubled players or players with checkered pasts. I doubt Diaco will now take on a kid who was booted from ND because of academic issues, when he seems to be stressing the importance of academics and his players here at UConn. The fact that he recruited him at ND is nice and all, but it wouldn't line up with his MO up to this point here at UConn.

Reaction Score
If it can happen at ND with all of their academic watchdogs and counselors then Diaco better be extra careful here. Platitudes about "go to class or else you're not playing" are great but there are too many avenues for those who want to game the system. There's no way in this post APR environment that any of these kids would or should be picked up by UConn. The terms "academic fraud" and "UConn Husky" should never be found in the same sentence. Can you imagine Susan and Warde approving this press release? "Today UConn signed X, a highly touted receiver formerly dismissed from Notre Dame for academic fraud." Not on your life.

Reaction Score
If it can happen at ND with all of their academic watchdogs and counselors then Diaco better be extra careful here. Platitudes about "go to class or else you're not playing" are great but there are too many avenues for those who want to game the system. There's no way in this post APR environment that any of these kids would or should be picked up by UConn. The terms "academic fraud" and "UConn Husky" should never be found in the same sentence. Can you imagine Susan and Warde approving this press release? "Today UConn signed X, a highly touted receiver formerly dismissed from Notre Dame for academic fraud." Not on your life.

That's too bad. ND took back Golson and just named him starting QB. It's almost like we're fighting with one arm tied behind our backs.

Reaction Score
I think it's a good idea to hold back a little on commentary about any collegiate athlete's off field behavior and life. As for UCONN, we seem to have established over the years in division 1A, the majority of them, that a football players behavior on and off the field is expected to be at a very high standard. I am perfectly fine with that.

Caveat - I do want to win at such a level and rate and frequency that people are openly wondering if we are cheating though.

Reaction Score
... academic fraud http://www.freep.com/article/20140815/SPORTS08/308150174/notre-dame-football-academic-investigation

"...The players are wide receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive back KeiVarae Russell, defensive lineman Ishaq Williams and linebacker Kendall Moore...."

This might be a stupid question, but when does Notre Dame as a football program get its hand slapped for this? First Golston a few years back and now this? Is it all on the kids that got caught doing this?

"Non-athletes involved," as well. Luckily for the NCAA, they have non-athlete involvement "precedent."

Per the NCAA, "ND's punishment will include five Hail Marys, and an Act of Contrition." All is forgiven.

Reaction Score
I'd say replace UConn with Louisville, and it probably reads right...or any SEC school...

APA

Reaction Score
Are you a complete moron, or simply trying to pretend to be one?

APA

Reaction Score
I think it's a good idea to hold back a little on commentary about any collegiate athlete's off field behavior and life. As for UCONN, we seem to have established over the years in division 1A, the majority of them, that a football players behavior on and off the field is expected to be at a very high standard. I am perfectly fine with that.

Caveat - I do want to win at such a level and rate and frequency that people are openly wondering if we are cheating though.
Football yes. Hoops, not so much.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Their is a god under that dome...... who cheats i knew it was too good to be true.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
is this episode really any different???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member