OT: Trevor Lacey to the NBA | The Boneyard

OT: Trevor Lacey to the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's kind of surprising to be completely honest, but understandable, given that he is 23 years old. Thought NC State would've had a good team next year with the group they had returning.

Reaction Score
Not signing with an agent though right? So could be another S-R/GTown type situation. Could be a reversal on this one. Hope he leaves though.

Reaction Score
Kyle Washington's leaving:

Kid is pretty good - 7 pts/4rebs in 18 mpg, though that was less than he'd played as a freshman.

I should actually like State a bit, since they tend to give a hard time to UNC & Duke. But everything about Gottfried rubs me the wrong way, so I'm glad to see what should be a top 10 team start falling apart. Hopefully Abu is next out the door.

EDIT: If both these guys leave, State are sitting at 7 scholarship players with NOBODY signed in this class. I remember growing up in the '80s and early '90s this program was on par with UNC, Duke, Louisville, etc. But they've become a recurring joke.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Florida State quickly moving up the ACC food chain for next year based on departures in the league.

Reaction Score
The ACC as a whole has been hit hard by early departures - Harrell, Rozier, Anderson, Jones, Winslow, Okafor, Tokoto, Lacey, McCollough, Hanalan, and others I'm probably forgetting. A lot of those guys weren't guaranteed first round picks, and had they returned, their teams would have been in a position to have a great year. Virginia and N.C. State, especially, got a raw deal.

Reaction Score
Kyle Washington's leaving:
I remember growing up in the '80s and early '90s this program was on par with UNC, Duke, Louisville, etc. But they've become a recurring joke.

I grew up in the '80s and early '90s too and no way was NC State generally on par with those programs! They'll always have '83, and Fire and Ice and Mr. 'I'm amphibious' were nice and all, but no way were they close to UNC or Duke. I agree about the recurring joke point though. Gottfried should have been able to coach that 2012-13 team to a Final 4 with his eyes closed...unfortunately for him and the team, he opened them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom