OT: Tough Being A Neolithic Pooch | The Boneyard

OT: Tough Being A Neolithic Pooch

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Coinciding with the Pit Grave culture (4200-3600 years before our era), coming from Southern Europe, the Neolithic communities of the north-eastern Iberian Peninsula started a ceremonial activity related to the sacrifice and burial of dogs.
The high amount of cases that are recorded in Catalonia suggests it was a general practice and it proves the tight relationship between humans and these animals, which, apart from being buried next to them, were fed a similar diet to humans’."

Dog burial as common ritual in Neolithic populations of north-eastern Iberian Peninsula - HeritageDaily - Archaeology News

1550843728803.png

Reaction Score
"Coinciding with the Pit Grave culture (4200-3600 years before our era), coming from Southern Europe, the Neolithic communities of the north-eastern Iberian Peninsula started a ceremonial activity related to the sacrifice and burial of dogs.
The high amount of cases that are recorded in Catalonia suggests it was a general practice and it proves the tight relationship between humans and these animals, which, apart from being buried next to them, were fed a similar diet to humans’."

Dog burial as common ritual in Neolithic populations of north-eastern Iberian Peninsula - HeritageDaily - Archaeology News

View attachment 39983
I can understand that. I had 3 dogs I wanted to be buried with. I guess that is my 2 percent Iberian DNA. (note: it was difficult for me to call them DOG's; friends, kids fit better)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Come down here with Daddy and pay no attention to the bull dozer!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I can understand that. I had 3 dogs I wanted to be buried with. I guess that is my 2 percent Iberian DNA. (note: it was difficult for me to call them DOG's; friends, kids fit better)
By virtue of your posting here today, you did not volunteer to be buried with them when their time came though. The dogs mentioned in the report may not have had the same choice. When the "owner" went , so did the dog? I hope my wife does not love me that much! ;)

Reaction Score
By virtue of your posting here today, you did not volunteer to be buried with them when their time came though. The dogs mentioned in the report may not have had the same choice. When the "owner" went , so did the dog? I hope my wife does not love me that much! ;)
Actually, I was buried with the dogs; I didnt like the view. Sorry, I couldn't wish my dogs will go when I do. Im not much into kill shelters. But, I get your message.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I tried to buy 3 burial plots (natural burial), one for me, one for my spouse, and one for my dogs. I could not find a place that would allow it.

Some of our microbes, which are part of us, survive our death, and I want our microbes and their descendants to be together forever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom