OT - Total Wine - Milford | The Boneyard

OT - Total Wine - Milford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just opened - went in there today - holy cow, they have just about every alcoholic beverage ever made.

If you are looking for anything out of the ordinary (beer/wine/spirits) - go there. It is unreal.

Reaction Score
I went to the one in Manchester when it first opened and was like wow this is gonna put every liquor store in the area out of business. I haven't been back since but it's a pretty unbelievable place.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Used to get kegs from the one in Norwalk in college. Cheap Natty kegs for < 65.

Reaction Score
Although driving on Route 4 through Paramus on a Saturday can be a bear, the Total Wine location in River Edge NJ is my fall back when I absolutely have to find and adult drink. It's is the size of a small grocery store.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Total Wine is great for booze, wine, and beer, in that order. (though booze and wine are 1a and 1b). Been to the one in norwalk a few times.

For their size, their beer selection doesn't blow me away.

Reaction Score
pepband99 said:
Total Wine is great for booze, wine, and beer, in that order. (though booze and wine are 1a and 1b). Been to the one in norwalk a few times. For their size, their beer selection doesn't blow me away.

I don't really drink beer. But i walked the beer aisles and I haven't seen that kind of selection anywhere else. Who has a better selection?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Town Line in Stratford/Trumbull was awesome, until they 1/2ed the size. It's still very very good.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The Manchester location has the best beer selection I have seen in the area. Manchester Liquors by BJ's is a close 2nd.

Reaction Score
Yeah the one in Norwalk is freaking huge, the space used to be a linens and things.

Reaction Score
Went there today and yes , it is amazing. Must have a dozen employees on a Monday night. Wines ranging from $3 to $300+. Very little cold beer, but a great selection of warmies.
Also saw a guy with an Olliewood shirt.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Disneyworld for alcoholics!

I was at Disneyworld like 3 weeks ago and thought I had found some help coping - turns out the place that looks like a drinking lodge sells lemonade. I almost cried.

Reaction Score
I don't really drink beer. But i walked the beer aisles and I haven't seen that kind of selection anywhere else. Who has a better selection?

OK not in CT but close enough for beer and food and a place to drink it!
http://www.deciccoandsons.com/

Totalwine Norwalk is good for whatever as well.

Maxx Wines and Spirits Danbury a good friend of mine new store large wine and beer and very knowledgeable.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/max-wine-and-spirit-danbury

Flash sites:

Wines Till Sold Out winestilsoldoutcom/
Last Bottle Wines lastbottlewinescom/
Wineshopper wineshopper.com/

I recommend cross-referencing deals on Cellartracker browse for reviews first

Last resort for wines PM me lol

Reaction Score
There's a store right across Cherry St in Milford from them with likely a better selection, and definitely a better cold selection. It's called The Wine & Spirit's Co. right next to Bob's and Shop Rite, and they won't be pushing a bunch of private/factory made labels on you.

Reaction Score
There's a Total Whine in Ridgefield, been snoring next to me every night for years.

If you're looking for anything out of the ordinary, I'd go to the place in Milford.

The risk taken with that post, even anonymously, far exceeds the risk taken by any man whose email address was held by Ashley Madison.

ROTFL.

Reaction Score
In the New Haven area, it's tough to beat Amity Wine and Spirits (Off 15, near the Woodbridge/New Haven line). That place has an awesome selection of beer and wine

Reaction Score
I prefer The Wine and Spirits Company across the street. Great selection and knowledgeable staff. Beer selection is great.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-wine-and-spirits-co-milford-3

Strangely I've never been there. Wonder if I ever will now that there is a big shiny object that is easier to get to. I hate that plaza.

They are also building a Shop Rite in the same area where the Total Wine is - so the one in the Bob's plaza will close. Wonder what that will do for foot traffic there...

Reaction Score
Strangely I've never been there. Wonder if I ever will now that there is a big shiny object that is easier to get to. I hate that plaza.

They are also building a Shop Rite in the same area where the Total Wine is - so the one in the Bob's plaza will close. Wonder what that will do for foot traffic there...
Agreed, that parking lot is a nightmare and the shop will probably fold after ShopRite moves. Too bad, it really is a great place, they should probably find another location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom