OT: tonight's supper | The Boneyard

OT: tonight's supper

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I like to occasionally cook something from the opponent's local cuisine. I didn't know of anything specifically Louisville, but a net search kept turning up something called the Hot Brown. It's an open-faced turkey sandwich with romano cheese sauce and garnished with bacon and tomatoes. I tried it several weeks ago. It sounds pretty pedestrian, but you gotta try it. The wife, kid, and I all agreed it's amazing. Here's a link to the original recipe:

Louisville Most Famous Dish | The Hot Brown Recipe | The Brown Hotel

It's kinda late in the season to start this thread, but I'll update a few times for other suppers. I did Philly cheesesteak once already, so will try tomato pie next weekend -- time to try a gluten-free crust since we recently discovered celiac right under our roof. Head bang

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I like to occasionally cook something from the opponent's local cuisine. I didn't know of anything specifically Louisville, but a net search kept turning up something called the Hot Brown. It's an open-faced turkey sandwich with romano cheese sauce and garnished with bacon and tomatoes. I tried it several weeks ago. It sounds pretty pedestrian, but you gotta try it. The wife, kid, and I all agreed it's amazing. Here's a link to the original recipe:

It's kinda late in the season to start this thread, but I'll update a few times for other suppers. I did Philly cheesesteak once already, so will try tomato pie next weekend -- time to try a gluten-free crust since we recently discovered celiac right under our roof. Head bang

It sounds a little like eating the heart of your enemy. :rolleyes:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
In our case it's more important to have something simple with a minimum of dishes to wash so that will all be done before the game starts! Burgers & Fries tonight :p

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I think I'm gonna have what Katie Lou will be devouring tonight...a little Durr with a sprinkle of Hines-Allen.

Yummm!
:eek:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

Buon appetito!

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Spaghetti and garlic bread for me tonight!

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
8 oz. filet mignon, baked potato, asparagus. Just finished.

UConn about to embark on their own feast. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My pregame meal against a top 10 team.

images

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads