OT: tonight...Celtics and ping pong balls...and their future | The Boneyard

OT: tonight...Celtics and ping pong balls...and their future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
They are doing the ping pong thing to determine the lottery picks tonight at 8.
The Celts have the third most chances at the #1 pick....thanks to Danny Ainge making that fabulous deal with Brooklyn a few years ago. They have the Nets pick...and the Nets stunk this year...a good thing for Boston.
The Celts also have picks 16 and 23 in the first round and a bunch of second round picks.

Due to that trade they can switch their own pick in 2017 for the Brooklyn pick if they so desire...and the Nets probably will stink again. In 2018 they again own the Nets #1 pick....will the Netsd stink one more time?
The Celts have a bunch of pretty good young players but no stars. With a bit of ping pong luck over the next few years they may well be ring contenders. They have close to a 50/50 shot at getting pick one or pick 2 tonight....
and apparently Simmons [LSU] and Ingram [Duke] are pretty much locks for those 2 picks.

Maybe some humongous trade coming up?

Coach Brad Stevens has made a super adjustment from Butler to the pros....somewhat a rarity there.
Can you say John Calipari?

As a long time Celt fan....going back to Cousy and Russell....hope things fall the right way tonight.

Reaction Score
The Celts are going to win the Eastern Conference next year! They are going to add KD, a big like Horford or Howard, and hopefully they can get the #1 or #2 pick in the lottery which guarantees them either Simmons or Ingram. Add those guys to the core of Thomas, Crowder, Bradley, etc and they are the favorites in the East.

Reaction Score
As a long time Celt fan....going back to Cousy and Russell....hope things fall the right way tonight.

Same here, but I've abandoned the NBA for probably 10 plus years now. I'd love to see the Celts back with a team oriented passing offense - that would be a delight.

One other note - in the fall of 1962 the Celts played an exhibition game at my high school- great memory. I distinctly remember Russell, Cousy, Heinsohn, Sam Jones and a rookie by the name of John Havlicek. :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The Celtics have 3 1st round picks and 5 more in the 2nd round. No way will Danny draft 8 players. My guess he will trade up - maybe 2 of his 2nd round picks plus one of his late 1st round picks (he has #16 and #23) to snag maybe #6 or #8.

Red Auerbach would be proud of that massive heist Danny pulled on the Nets - plus hiring Stevens as coach and stealing Thomas and Crowder in trades.

Grand larceny in broad daylight.:D

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Billy Donovan had a good transition as well
durant-donovan.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
76er's win, Laker's get 2nd pick and Celtics get 3rd.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
76er's win, Laker's get 2nd pick and Celtics get 3rd.

Interesting contrast in reaction (about Celtics' #3 pick) by writers in Boston Globe vs. Boston Herald.

Christopher Gaspar (Globe) creatively (too clever by half IMO) wrote how The Sky Is Falling! to express his despair.:(

Steve Bulpett (Herald) replenished the well of hope for everyone on Green Street. He rejoiced in the opportunities now available for Danny to deal for at least one go-to star player.:D

Celtics wins, last 3 seasons: 25, 40, 48. Next year, 55? 60?

Place your bets.:)

Reaction Score
The Celts are going to win the Eastern Conference next year! They are going to add KD, a big like Horford or Howard, and hopefully they can get the #1 or #2 pick in the lottery which guarantees them either Simmons or Ingram. Add those guys to the core of Thomas, Crowder, Bradley, etc and they are the favorites in the East.

If OKC makes the finals, I don't see Durant leaving. They are playing really well this playoffs and it looks like his best chance to win a championship is in OKC.

Horford would be a good veteran pick up but I wouldn't let Howard get anywhere near my team... every team he is on ends up having chemistry issues.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They are no getting KD. Who would want Howard? Would not waste a pick on Simmons, but Ingram will be a good player.
You wouldn't waste a pick on Simmons? I guess you haven't seen him play. There is a thing called You Tube. Go look it up and check him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom