OT: Tom Herman to Texas | The Boneyard

OT: Tom Herman to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also makes the AAC look very good to aspiring coaches.

Reaction Score
From Coaching Carousel thread - insight from Houston beat writer.

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 24m24 minutes ago
Sources confirm Tom Herman is leaving Houston for Texas

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 11m11 minutes ago
One name a source says to watch in Houston search for new head coach: West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen. Was OC/QB coach at UH 2008-09

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 9m9 minutes ago
Houston defensive coordinator Todd Orlando and offensive coordinator Major Applewhite will also be considered for job, sources say

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 4m4 minutes ago
There is also a small faction that will ask Houston president Renu Khator to consider bringing back Art Briles, sources say

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 3m3 minutes ago
Other early candidates I'm being told: Cal's Sonny Dykes, Syracuse's Dino Babers and Tulsa's Phillip Montgomery. Wild card: Mike Leach

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 4 mins ago
Source says UH defensive coordinator Todd Orlando, offensive coordinator Major Applewhite have expressed interest & will be considered

Reaction Score

One name a source says to watch in Houston search for new head coach: West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen. Was OC/QB coach at UH 2008-09

Houston defensive coordinator Todd Orlando and offensive coordinator Major Applewhite will also be considered for job, sources say

There is also a small faction that will ask Houston president Renu Khator to consider bringing back Art Briles, sources say

Other early candidates I'm being told: Cal's Sonny Dykes, Syracuse's Dino Babers and Tulsa's Phillip Montgomery. Wild card: Mike Leach

Source says UH defensive coordinator Todd Orlando, offensive coordinator Major Applewhite have expressed interest & will be considered

I see no way a P5 coach leaves for Houston, but if it ever happened it would look really good for the conference.

Reaction Score
I see no way a P5 coach leaves for Houston, but if it ever happened it would look really good for the conference.

If the rumors of what Houston was willing to pay Herman are true, then many P5 coaches will be interested as it would be a big uptick in pay. Couple more pay with the ability to win big and win immediately, I think Houston is an attractive job. Heck, 3 of the last 4 Houston coaches left for Baylor, Texas A&M, and now Texas, which means you can have big upward mobility.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Wow. That's an impressive list if true.

Reaction Score
Todd Orlando & Major Apple white have expressed interest? Either one of them would be a vast improvement over the maniac patrolling the UConn Sideline today..

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'd take Major Applewhite for HC. Would be a bad look in conference pissing match.

Reaction Score
Any chance Applewhite goes to Texas as OC? He played at Texas and coached there previously

Reaction Score
As much as I would love to see Major Applewhite, Charlie Strong or Todd Orlando take over at UConn all three will run into the same wall the last three HC's have run into, recruiting P-5 quality talent to UConn. The next guy has to be able to break down that wall. You can't aspire to be included in the P-5 without P-5 caliber players. Realistically, T.J Weist might take the bait if offered the job but not sure he would fair any better on the recruiting trail :(

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Do coaches make their staffs as soon as they get their job or do they need to wait? I don't know why they'd need to wait.....just curious if Herman would take Orlando with him. The guy has proven he can be a solid D.C. At multiple places..... can only imagine what he could do with Texas recruits after what he's done at UConn, Utah St, and UH

Reaction Score
Coach Tom Herman ‏@CoachTomHerman 38m38 minutes ago
To all the GAs out there grinding away, keep working hard. Dreams can come true. #GreatToBeHome #HookEm
20.jpg

Reaction Score
I think this will be an interesting one to watch. Sometimes you are just in the right situation and it doesn't translate. My sense is Houston was that for Herman. He gets a boatload of money and he will be a better fit than Strong who wAs a great fir at UL but I don't expect him to challenge for national titles any time soon.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Did he seriously just post his email address and phone number? I am sure he has a secretary and a private email address, but that is setting himself up to some serious spam attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom