OT: Today, December 7 was proclaimed to be. . . | The Boneyard

OT: Today, December 7 was proclaimed to be. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . "a date that will live in infamy" by President Franklin D. Roosevelt when he referred to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and urged Congress to declare war.

Very often people on TV or in classrooms mistakenly quote FDR by saying "a day that will live in infamy." A small but important distinction.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If you play Trivia Crack for smartphones, that associated date question, along with June 6, 1944, is asked incessantly. But no one forgets Pearl Harbor.

Reaction Score
Had the privilege of help fold the flag on the Arizona Memorial. Just taken down from the pole, a gentleman, whose dad was in Pearl the day of the attack had just passed, had a flag raised then lowered on the Memorial flagpole. He was gathering the flag up in his arms and I asked him if he needed help in folding it. He nodded, thanked me and we proceeded to fold it with military precision. Still get goose bumps thinking about it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Or as the folks in South Bend like to call it - 'sort of like a game against Uconn'

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
. . . "a date that will live in infamy" by President Franklin D. Roosevelt when he referred to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and urged Congress to declare war.

Very often people on TV or in classrooms mistakenly quote FDR by saying "a day that will live in infamy." A small but important distinction.
Dates! Yum!

benefits-of-dates.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My current food obsession is medjool dates combined with almond butter. YUM.
When I drive to the Palm Springs area, I often stop at Hadley's in Cabazon for a Date Shake or some date delicacies. I love the dates stuffed with walnuts, both plain and chocolate covered.
medjool-dates-12.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member