OT TO not getting into HOF for 2nd time | The Boneyard

OT TO not getting into HOF for 2nd time

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts? I think its total BS he didnt get in. Guess its his relationship with the media, I know he was a team cancer but he never did anything bad off the field, he's not getting in next year either because Randy Moss will be eligible.

Reaction Score
It's absurd. I hate TO but he's one of the best to ever play the position.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally don't see it as the end of the world. He'll get in at some point and a few deserving players had to wait quite a long time.

Carl Eller waited nearly 20 years and Art Monk about a dozen. TO can wait another couple before he can start griping.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I go with the attitude of how far in to the story/narrative of the NFL during a player's career do you go before mentioning that player.

So for TO, how long do you discuss the NFL from 1996-2010 in terms of championships, individual achievement and records before you get to TO?

I think you discuss a lot before you get to him.

He'll get in within the next 2-5 years and the world will continue.

Reaction Score
They picked Terrell Davis over TO.. Something's wrong.. Yeah Davis one a Super Bowl (or 2, I forget) but he's career stats aren't elite RB great... He could've waited...

The powers that be should be, that ones that make these decisions, can be complete blow hards..

TO belongs in the HoF ... plain and simple..

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Team cancer that has a Super Bowl ring and multiple appearances (including one of the great WR performances in a SB). He also has that stats that have him in the Top 5 WR of all time. Stupid he is not in. Just worse than the baseball HOF stupid.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
TO was never on a Super Bowl winning team.

Reaction Score
I can't stand TO.

But here's where he stands:
5th overall in TDs (1 spot, and 1 TD behind Randy Moss)
8th in receptions (ahead of Randy Moss)
2nd in receiving yards (ahead of Randy Moss)

He's top ten all time in the three major receiving stats, and top 5 in two. There's no argument to be made for not putting him in the HOF, especially if you consider Moss a first ballot guy.

Reaction Score
Owens was a blight on pro football. He is also one the to 3 or 4 Wide Receivers of all-time. Voters lose all credibility to me when they play these games. How is he not a HOFer but Tomlison and Taylor are getting in (both deserve it, but not as much as Owens)?

Reaction Score
Owens was a blight on pro football. He is also one the to 3 or 4 Wide Receivers of all-time. Voters lose all credibility to me when they play these games. How is he not a HOFer but Tomlison and Taylor are getting in (both deserve it, but not as much as Owens)?

If TO had the demeanor of Jason Taylor he would be in. It's a sad, but true fact that sometimes these voter's hold a guy's "attitude" against him. TO and Taylor are two of the best players I ever saw at their positions and should both be in. I hope they vote TO in sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
I go with the attitude of how far in to the story/narrative of the NFL during a player's career do you go before mentioning that player.

So for TO, how long do you discuss the NFL from 1996-2010 in terms of championships, individual achievement and records before you get to TO?

I think you discuss a lot before you get to him.

He'll get in within the next 2-5 years and the world will continue.
I vehemently disagree that you discuss a lot of individual achievement before you get to him during that period. If his production came with a media-friendly image, he'd be in without a doubt.

Reaction Score
I vehemently disagree that you discuss a lot of individual achievement before you get to him during that period. If his production came with a media-friendly image, he'd be in without a doubt.

With TO its always about me being me I wonder who would introduce him into the HOF Drew Rosenhaus I guess. Im very interested to see his speech will he talk about Garcia and Mcnabb. The guy had an incredible work ethic but was a selfish POS, I'm pretty sure he has bipolar disorder. To this day he has never taken responsibility for departing each franchise on bad terms, the guy told Bill Walsh to go himself, he never paid attention to Parcells (who worked with bad boys in the past). Later on near the end of his career with Seattle when he was trying to make the team he missed out on team meetings. The guy just never got, or he just didnt care, it was always someone else's fault.

Reaction Score
With TO its always about me being me I wonder who would introduce him into the HOF Drew Rosenhaus I guess. Im very interested to see his speech will he talk about Garcia and Mcnabb. The guy had an incredible work ethic but was a selfish POS, I'm pretty sure he has bipolar disorder. To this day he has never taken responsibility for departing each franchise on bad terms, the guy told Bill Walsh to go himself, he never paid attention to Parcells (who worked with bad boys in the past). Later on near the end of his career with Seattle when he was trying to make the team he missed out on team meetings. The guy just never got, or he just didnt care, it was always someone else's fault.
And this is why he's not in the HOF yet. But on-field performance, he was one of the greatest ever and deserves to be in.

Reaction Score
voters for MLB and NFL HoF should lose their ability to vote when they get personal with stuff like this...

You can liken this to athletes accused of PED usage.. You take their voter card away..

How Ken Griffey Jr didn't get 100% HoF votes was a complete joke... These types of guys that vote have ZERO credibility IMO...

Reaction Score
voters for MLB and NFL HoF should lose their ability to vote when they get personal with stuff like this...

You can liken this to athletes accused of PED usage.. You take their voter card away..

How Ken Griffey Jr didn't get 100% HoF votes was a complete joke... These types of guys that vote have ZERO credibility IMO...
I disagree that you can equate the two. Accused PED usage calls into question their on-field accomplishments. TO's stuff is 100% personal.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
who is TO:rolleyes:?
Tyler-Olander-basketball-player-This-Sept-24-2011-PhotoAP-University-of-Connecticut-Athletic-Department-File.jpg

Tyler Olander, two time NCAA champ, baseball savant and world class rapper.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Zero MVP's
Zero Super Bowl wins
Zero times leading league in receptions
Zero times leading league in receiving yards

He was extremely productive for 15 years, his career stats speak for themselves and he will get elected. I am losing zero sleep over him not getting in this year.

Reaction Score
Zero MVP's
Zero Super Bowl wins

He was extremely productive for 15 years, his career stats speak for themselves and he will get elected. I am losing zero sleep over him not getting in this year.
5-time All-Pro, lead league in TDs three times, and the only time a WR has ever won the MVP award was Jerry Rice in 1987 so I'm not sure you can blame him for that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
5-time All-Pro, lead league in TDs three times, and the only time a WR has ever won the MVP award was Jerry Rice in 1987 so I'm not sure you can blame him for that.

Right. He's a Hall of Famer.

Reaction Score
Zero MVP's
Zero Super Bowl wins

I'm not looking for an argument over whether he belongs or not, I know you agree he deserves to be in the hall.

I simply never understood the "he can wait" argument. 7 men got in, they can take up to 8, so why do you think they snubbed him?

His stats aren't going to change between now and the year he's selected. What makes him finally worthy the year he's selected, rather than this year, or next year, etc.?

I'm not losing sleep over it either, I really dislike him, but I've never heard a convincing explanation as to why someone shouldn't get in one year (when spots go unfilled), but definitely deserves it at some undetermined point in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom