• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

OT: Time to cut the cord

imno1

Casual Fan
I've been too lazy to cancel my optimum cable subscription but they finally got me to. We no long get CBS of FSB. It's another one of those blame it on each other situations but I blame optimum. The good news is I'll probably save $100 or more a more.

I'm cancelling Comcast cable for DirecTV now. Totally online streaming. Got in on their deal last week $35 a month for as long as you maintain service. 100 channels can't beat it. No local channels but will get an antenna. Haven't had any problems so far

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
PlayStation VUE is waaaaaaaay better than DirecTV Now. Lots of technical issues with DTV Now from what I've read, plus you no longer need a PlayStation to get it.

I can watch Sunday ticket and nba package on my computer tablet or phone
except when they have technical issues with the app, which happened on two Sundays this year. You have 17 days a year you need to work failing to do that is inexcusable.

I will get the ticket again because I have no other choice to stream Giants game on my TV but am not impressed with Direct TV

He's comparing the streaming services. DirecTV Now (I believe) excludes the sports packages -- at least the NFL one . . .
I haven't had any issues with streaming, buffering, or technical issues. Now it has only been a week, but for 35 a month which is cheaper than PlayStation, you can't beat it.

except when they have technical issues with the app, which happened on two Sundays this year. You have 17 days a year you need to work failing to do that is inexcusable.

I will get the ticket again because I have no other choice to stream Giants game on my TV but am not impressed with Direct TV
Do you have an Android phone and Verizon?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

Forgot to answer a question
One of the little two inch snowstorms we had this winter I had to go clean off my Dish Network dish. That was really annoying.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
I can watch Sunday ticket and nba package on my computer tablet or phone
That doesn't really help when you want to host a watch party. I was up in Vermont where we have wifi but no cable this weekend. Sucked to watch games on my iPad, and that required signing up to CBS at 5.99 a month.

CTMike

Analysis: Partly True
For a few reasons, I have to keep cable at my house. But I did call Comcast to ask what internet-only service would go for, and when they asked why I told them it was much cheaper to switch to PS Vue for TV... they switched me to a retention rep and lowered my bill substantially to retain me.

For a few reasons, I have to keep cable at my house. But I did call Comcast to ask what internet-only service would go for, and when they asked why I told them it was much cheaper to switch to PS Vue for TV... they switched me to a retention rep and lowered my bill substantially to retain me.
What does substantially look like?

That doesn't really help when you want to host a watch party. I was up in Vermont where we have wifi but no cable this weekend. Sucked to watch games on my iPad, and that required signing up to CBS at 5.99 a month.
If you have a smart tv you can mirror the image from phone/computer/tablet to the TV or you need hdmi connection to connect to tv

CTMike

Analysis: Partly True
What does substantially look like?
Not to the point that it was cheaper than internet only + PS Vue... but within shouting distance. I was coming from an out of contract price and if I remember correctly a good $60 was knocked off the monthly bill. Not bad.

PSVue looks good but where is SNY? Do we get all "UCONN" channels? Do you need a playstation for every tv?

Do yourself a favor and get a slingbox...we got one a few months ago because of our Vt house...love it...you just watch your home TV..buy the box and that is it! The slingbox paid for itself in 3 months

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
You can get Playstation Vue on Apple TV (the newer ones with the app store), Roku, Amazon Fire stick or TV as well as a PS3 or PS4.

It doesn't have CBS SN or SNY, but it has everything else.

Not to the point that it was cheaper than internet only + PS Vue... but within shouting distance. I was coming from an out of contract price and if I remember correctly a good $60 was knocked off the monthly bill. Not bad.
I got Frontier to knock $30 off my monthly tv/internet cost today by saying I can't afford $120. I was angling for the new customer price of $64 that they advertise but they wouldn't give it to me. Argued that they should give an existing customer the better price fell on deaf ears. Cox is an alternative provider in my area so I may play the game of switching back and forth every two years.

You can get Playstation Vue on Apple TV (the newer ones with the app store), Roku, Amazon Fire stick or TV as well as a PS3 or PS4.

It doesn't have CBS SN or SNY, but it has everything else.
So I'm using the free trial for Playstation Vue through the PS3. Everything seems cool but the lives sports seems just a little skittish..but maybe it's just me.
Would using Playstation Vue through a Amazon Fire TV device allow for better streaming then a PS3?
Now that I found something that has NESN, I'm absolutely cutting cable, this was the only thing I was waiting for.
I'm also going to buy the OOMA - 100 bucks up front, 4 or 5 bucks a month after that for landline.
Internet service will be all I need. I'm curious to see what the price will be without cable/landline. If I need to move to a different internet service I will.