OT - Ticketmaster Lawsuit | The Boneyard

OT - Ticketmaster Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not that one, although we might have bought tickets in that period. Did just purchase tickets to see James Taylor here in Tucson through Ticketmaster and was surprised I wasn't charged a silly fee to print the tickets.

Fees can be absurd. The fee to get your ticket reprinted (if you forget it at home) at a WBB game out here is more than the cost of a general admission ticket - it is cheaper to buy the GA ticket and sit in your regular seat.

As to class action law suits, I don't necessarily think much of them, My wife got some checks from one against Dreamfield's Pasta - over $100 I think. Probably because we purchased on-line, not in the local grocery store, so there were better records of our purchases. But in general, I don't always think that the issues settled are all that major.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Not that one, although we might have bought tickets in that period. Did just purchase tickets to see James Taylor here in Tucson through Ticketmaster and was surprised I wasn't charged a silly fee to print the tickets.

Fees can be absurd. The fee to get your ticket reprinted (if you forget it at home) at a WBB game out here is more than the cost of a general admission ticket - it is cheaper to buy the GA ticket and sit in your regular seat.

As to class action law suits, I don't necessarily think much of them, My wife got some checks from one against Dreamfield's Pasta - over $100 I think. Probably because we purchased on-line, not in the local grocery store, so there were better records of our purchases. But in general, I don't always think that the issues settled are all that major.
I agree the fees are silly... I'm a mile away from the XL Center and hate the extra fees BUT to find parking or risking getting a parking ticket it somewhat balances out. Then you must make sure the Box Office hours are correct on the website.

so do I risk putting 2 quarters (maybe 10 minutes per quarter) in the meter and hope that they're open and that the line isnt long... or risk getting a 15.00 Over The Limit ticket from the meter maids... all after driving around for 15-20 minutes looking for a parking sport or I could go in a garage and get charged for time used which may be 10 minutes total.

To avoid the what if's... I just pay the fees. Unless I feel like paying Russian roulette, which I do once in a while. I could walk to the box office for the fresh air and exercise.

BTW Ticketmaster sent me the email cause Im on their list, Im a part of the lawsuit but I don't think Id be taking advantage of the discount offered from the verdict. I do see that they say if you wait it out they will be giving tickets away if the codes aren't hitting certain benchmarks

Reaction Score

In General the Attorneys make the fat fees and nickles and dimes are distributed. It is by far the great boon to lawyering that ever transpired--not so those who were represented. There are exceptions--but few and far between. Often time they never go to court and settlement just to get the monkey (lawyers) off their backs.
Some of these suits have done the average guy a service lowering wrongful fees..

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and it straighten up the defendant and their crooked ways

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
and it straighten up the defendant and their crooked ways
Occasionally. Sometimes the money siphon is redressed to skirt the law. It often becomes a shell game with we the consumer the unwary and ignorant star gazer.

Reaction Score
I've received notifications for many different class action settlements. Airlines, stock overcharges, etc. In none of them was it worth going back through records to provide proof and other requirements. Most, if not all settlements benefit the guilty party in some way, this one included. You get small discounts/rebates on future purchases. And you can bet the free tickets will be for events you won't be interested in. No Hamilton tickets, that's for sure.

After the expense of legal, mailings, printing coupons for redemption, the hassle of restrictions to redeem, most victims just give up and never get a thing.

Why not just send the victim the money they lost?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I got $4.50 from Red Bull recently... and got the email about Ticketmaster recently. I didnt submit anything to Ticketmaster, got my name off the mailing list I suppose.

Red Bull had a link where you filled out your name and address if you wanted to be a part of the class-action suit. Nothing to "dig up".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom