OT: Thunder Nearing Deal with Donovan | The Boneyard

OT: Thunder Nearing Deal with Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Someone to watch here is KeVaughn Allen. We offered him before he committed to Florida. 6-2 SG ranked 59th by 247.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Someone to watch here is KeVaughn Allen. We offered him before he committed to Florida. 6-2 SG ranked 59th by 247.

I'm kinda liking the vulture role we've adopted. It's gangsta.

And don't we have a turkey vulture history here? I sense some karma, maybe a new junior mascot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Anyone think Shaka is kicking himself in the right now
Can't convince me he would take Texas over Florida

Reaction Score
CallMeBruce said:
Yeah, I don't know what that's about. UT is a monster job for Shaka.

Smart is a former UF assistant. Although that doesn't mean he has any special affinity for the place. Certainly I would pick Austin over Gainesville as a place to live, and he has a chance to build his own success story at a place that hasn't had one. A Barnesless Texas probably has a lot of people nervous (folks in Lawrence, Kansas at the least).

Reaction Score
Smart is a former UF assistant. Although that doesn't mean he has any special affinity for the place. Certainly I would pick Austin over Gainesville as a place to live, and he has a chance to build his own success story at a place that hasn't had one. A Barnesless Texas probably has a lot of people nervous (folks in Lawrence, Kansas at the least).
Plus, Smart gets to build his own legacy in Austin where he would need to shake his former apprentice role in Gainsville.

Reaction Score
Billy to OKC is done deal.

Not only own legacy for Shaka, but UT has great facilities, an aggressive AD, lots of $, and large hot bed of talent. UF offers all the same, but UT just has more. Plus - sec is getting ultra competitive and Billy's recruiting has taken a bit of a hit.

Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Billy is leaving in part, mostly for the $$$ but in part, because Squid isn't going to the NBA which means the NCAA isn't coming through UK's door anytime soon.

Reaction Score
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/florida...ity-thunder-billy-donovan-donovan-thunder-okc

Noah Dickerson said he hasn’t spoken to Donovan since his name was being thrown around as a possible candidate with the Thunder, but said if Donovan takes the job he “can’t just say I would still go to Florida.”

“I love the school, but Coach Donovan was the biggest reason I picked Florida,” Dickerson said. “If he’s not there… I just don’t know; not saying I wouldn’t go, I just can’t say flat out I’d go without him there. I can’t say that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom