OT: Those of you with ESPN+, check out the end of the game Buffalo v. Toledo | The Boneyard

OT: Those of you with ESPN+, check out the end of the game Buffalo v. Toledo

Reaction Score
on replay. With about 2 1/2 minutes eft, the timekeeper repeatedly ran down the clock after timeouts. 20 seconds after the first timeout. Another 15 here, another 10 there. Just ran it and ran it down and Toledo didn't even notice.

It was absurd and bizarre. They must have shaved 50 seconds off the clock in total AFTER timeouts were called. And Toledo had 10 seconds to score a tying TD from the 30.

I'd never seen anything like it

Reaction Score
It is even worse than that.

First timeout - 2:02 - clock runs to 1:44.
Then they run a play - and the clock is at 2:23. Then they call the 2nd timeout - at 2:02 - again - and it runs down to 1:44 before it stops again.
3rd timeout - at 1:36 but runs to 1:26.

Amazing that the announcers don't notice it either. While saying "every second matters"...wow.

(and the first time I've seen a McNulty (the Buffalo kicker) outside of The Wire lmao)

Reaction Score
My hunch is that the game clock on the score bug was not synchronized with the actual stadium game clock. The big time schools and major networks have software that synchronizes the actual game clock and play clock with the score bug displayed on the TV screen. If you look at the score bug on the Buffalo broadcast, the 25 second play clock is merely a fixed camera pointed at the stadium scoreboard. This leads me to believe there was no synchronization. When there is no synchronization there is literally a person sitting with a switch controlling the game clock seen on the score bug, and they "fell asleep at the switch".

Reaction Score
There is little nothing on twitter about this. It's what happens when no one cares about Buffalo and Toledo football, except for the people in the seats.

Reaction Score
My hunch is that the game clock on the score bug was not synchronized with the actual stadium game clock. The big time schools and major networks have software that synchronizes the actual game clock and play clock with the score bug displayed on the TV screen. If you look at the score bug on the Buffalo broadcast, the 25 second play clock is merely a fixed camera pointed at the stadium scoreboard. This leads me to believe there was no synchronization. When there is no synchronization there is literally a person sitting with a switch controlling the game clock seen on the score bug, and they "fell asleep at the switch".
It's actually called score bug?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom