OT:Thon Maker | The Boneyard

OT:Thon Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know what really happened to this kid. I remember reading an article a couple years back I believe it was in Sports Illustrated that said this kid could be the next Kevin Durant. Now it looks like he may go to ASU for a year and nbadraft.net has him projected as only a borderline 1st round pick. I know his handler is to put it mildly a scumbag but I'm just surprised there is not more of a hoopla over his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Due to grades and eligibility he isn't able to play during the first semester. He is still being recruited by UK and ASU strongly from what I've seen. In all footage of him I've been absolutely wowed, too bad his situation is hurting his playing time.

caw

Reaction Score
There is his eligibility question but there is also the fact there is a big difference between highlights and actual game play. He has amazing highlights that make people go wow. Then there is the other 30 minutes where he misses most of his outside shots, doesn't play hard and people go, ohh. He still should be a top ten pick based on potential but the guy needs a lot of work still.

Reaction Score
Yeah he won't be academically eligible until at least December but to be honest, I don't think he'll play college ball at all next season.

Reaction Score
Yeah he won't be academically eligible until at least December but to be honest, I don't think he'll play college ball at all next season.
He should just play overseas. Still quoted as saying he wants to play college and won't go overseas though

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The first semester is mostly easy non-conference games against cupcakes. If they got him in the second semester, that would be fine. However, any top recruit with academic or eligibility issues is a fool if he doesn't go overseas for a year and make some coin.

Reaction Score
This kid cant even apply himself to his academics so why expect him to do so on the court? This kid is getting bad advice and or guidance. Not going to end well.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The dude screams Ajou Deng. Plus this reminds me of the Ater Majok saga where it'll take him years to become eligible.

Reaction Score
There is his eligibility question but there is also the fact there is a big difference between highlights and actual game play. He has amazing highlights that make people go wow. Then there is the other 30 minutes where he misses most of his outside shots, doesn't play hard and people go, ohh. He still should be a top ten pick based on potential but the guy needs a lot of work still.
I saw him in one of those áll star games where jalen Adams was playing and thought he was nothing short of a phenom. Impacted game on both ends.

Reaction Score
If there is a question about how good he really is against competition compared to all star games and highlights, I'd say his best bet is to go to an ASU and not become eligible for that second semester. His people will yell and scream how unfair it is, but now there's nothing but hype going in to the draft. If he plays in the second semester or goes abroad, he can get exposed and drop in the draft.

Reaction Score
His mix tape is amazing but it's also an amalgamation of numerous games. However, I feel like every game he plays in he is rarely more than a "crazy potential" guy. He definitely has a Majok vibe going on; however, I'd say comparing him to Ajou is actually an insult to Ajou as he was a dominant player at T-More. Majok, for example, in the Nike Hoop Summit game was probably the 5th or 6th best player on his own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom