OT: Thinking of retiring to Willimantic in a year or two. Cold doesn't scare me. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Thinking of retiring to Willimantic in a year or two. Cold doesn't scare me.

Reaction Score
Don't think I would call it a quiet lake.

I've spent time on Candlewood Lake in CT, Lake George in NY, Lake Winnipesaukee in NH, and others. Wangumbaug Lake, i..e Coventry Lake, is a lost less busy than than many others :cool:

Reaction Score
When I can buy a house for 300k that would cost 400k to build WITHOUT land, I see value. My point is that if I want to ski, go to the beach, visit large cities, eat good food etc, CT is a great place to be. The fact I can attend UConn games is a bonus. When CT finds its place in the world again, which it will, values will go back up. I’m not of retirement age, so I can wait. Regardless, if I were 65, I’d rather stay somewhere with the above benefits for 300k than move elsewhere for the same money and give up my way of life entirely. I’ve been in Florida for a long time. I never stop wanting to go home. The fact it is now relatively inexpensive adds to the pull. Keep in mind, I live in a nice area of Florida, make a good living and have a second home up north (VT) but I am still drawn to CT. If you like CT, it’s in your blood. If you hate it, then I totally understand.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've spent time on Candlewood Lake in CT, Lake George in NY, Lake Winnipesaukee in NH, and others. Wangumbaug Lake, i..e Coventry Lake, is a lost less busy than than many others :cool:
True, but still not quiet. I live on one of the Bolton Lakes. They are quiet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom