OT: There is no joy in Mudville-Southington style... | The Boneyard

OT: There is no joy in Mudville-Southington style...

Reaction Score
Southington Blue Knights basically eliminated from playoff contention. Lose in overtime at South Windsor.
Both sons are S.H.S. Football Alumni. Had a family function (nephew's birthday) at my sister's home in South Windsor. Both of HER boys are Bobcats alumni. They were celebrating their first EVER victory over the Knights. Gotta love H.S. football.

Reaction Score
Southington Blue Knights basically eliminated from playoff contention. Lose in overtime at South Windsor.
Both sons are S.H.S. Football Alumni. Had a family function (nephew's birthday) at my sister's home in South Windsor. Both of HER boys are Bobcats alumni. They were celebrating their first EVER victory over the Knights. Gotta love H.S. football.
If they beat Cheshire, I think they remain at #8, they're in. Even if they lose to Cheshire, they still could sneak in, but unlikely. I don't see Fairfield Prep at #9 beating West Haven.

Reaction Score
Regardless, Southington is now in a win-or-go home scenario in the Apple Valley Classic vs. Cheshire. The Rams defeated Harding 27-17 in Bridgeport and, with a 6-3 record, can actually qualify by winning on Thanksgiving and if West Haven defeats Fairfield Prep.

Fairfield Prep, however, might hold destiny in its hands despite losing to North Haven Friday night. If all goes according to form, the Jesuits likely would outpoint Southington and Cheshire if they beat West Haven.

That’s a big “if.”

Football: Ansonia, Hand among five more playoff qualifiers on Week 10 Saturday

Reaction Score
Screw the playoffs. High school football should be about winning your rivalry game and your league and never mind some silly math formula that gets anyone into the playoffs. Great for SW for finally winning. That is about high school football.

Reaction Score
Screw the playoffs. High school football should be about winning your rivalry game and your league and never mind some silly math formula that gets anyone into the playoffs. Great for SW for finally winning. That is about high school football.
Yes, I agree. Do away with the playoffs and bring back the Waskowitz Trophy. I actually think back in those days they actually got it right most of the time in choosing the state champion. Although there are a few years that stand out as mistakes.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I think if they get in they play Darien again

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
People not playing or parenting active players care about HS football?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Went to Windsor Locks for the Ellington match up. The field and stone dust track surrounding the field felt like I walked into a time warp. That being said, it was very relaxing to just watch a game, enjoy the fresh air and hang out with friends.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My husband and I went to.high school games where we did not have an active player on the team and long after our sons graduated. It was most enjoyable on a fall day.
I meant no disrespect, honest curiousity!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am perfectly fine w/ Southington losing.
EHHS (my school) & South Windsor (my current residence) getting in would be fantastic. Both have been abysmal for too long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom