OT- The Warriors | The Boneyard

OT- The Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching Curry and the Warriors to start the season is something else. Curry is on some next level stuff right now, just toying with defenses and putting up close to 4o a night. They destroyed the Grizzlies by 50 last night, never thought another team would have a 70 win regular season but I wouldn't count this team out.

Reaction Score
I watched 5 minutes and saw 2 sick Curry jumpers off the dribble (a two and a 3) and two incredibly well-synchronized and pinpoint Draymond Green to Festus Ezeli alley-oops. Unreal.

Memphis is definitely awful right now (Courtney Lee is not a starting NBA shooting guard) on both offense & defense. I saw them get smoked in their opener by the Cavs who barely broke a sweat, Memphis cannot shoot. Between CLee, DGreen, MBarnes & TAllen they don't have a wing or SG that can sniff an opener jumper. 3-pt shooting has been their Achilles heel, but with NBA evolving and their core aging it has turned into a fatal flaw. Teams that can defend Randolph & Gasol completely grind Memphis' offense to a halt. The Grizz need to make a trade

Reaction Score
So far Curry is averaging 37 points in 32 minutes shooting nearly 60% from the field. Only 4 games, but he is simply unreal.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The OOOOH AAAHH reaction from the crowd was shades of Kemba's step back.

That's one of my favorite parts about the Kemba step-back video. OHHH for the discard and AHHH for the buzzer beater. Glad someone else picked up on that.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That's one of my favorite parts about the Kemba step-back video. OHHH for the discard and AHHH for the buzzer beater. Glad someone else picked up on that.
Yep, its like a knockout in a prize fight. The best is the courtside version that I'm now going to have to look up and link.

Edit:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What amazes me is that the Warriors crowd is still so into the game when they are doubling up the Grizz

Reaction Score
They have outscored their opponents by 100 (!!) points through four games. And it isn't as if they've been playing bottom feeders.

Reaction Score
Let us just get crazy for a minute and discuss, if and it is a big IF, but IF the Warriors win 70+, say 73 and win a title based on Curry continuing his dominate play, I know it's 2 titles, but where does this rank? I have a hard time watching him, and trust me, I watched MJ religiously, but Curry is literally playing on a level unseen. It's not just the scoring, it's the shooting percentage, it's the passing, it's his whole game. Kobe could kill you as a scorer, but Curry, he's unbelievable in what he can do.

It's the most special/dominate I have seen a NBA player, ever

Reaction Score
Greatest shooter ever, even with the limited resume. Can't freaking stand him.

Reaction Score
Curry is starting to play like he did in college. Its like he has finally caught up with his peers and now passing each and every one of them.

Reaction Score
It's the most special/dominate I have seen a NBA player, ever
Let's not get carried away - he wasn't even the MVP of the finals last year, where he averaged 26/5/6 on 44% shooting and 38% on 3s. Excellent output, but not in the realm of "dominant." And he was shut down in one or two games, IIRC.

In the post season last year, Curry averaged 28/5/6 on 46% and 42% from 3. Again, excellent, but not unstoppable.
In 95/96, for example, in the playoffs Jordan went for 30/7/4 on 51% from 2 and 43% from 3. That wasn't his best playoff year.
That comparison doesn't even take into account what an awesome defender Jordan was.

Point is, let's not get carried away - he's an awesome shooter who has the greatest ever combination of shot speed and accuracy. That singular skill opens up a lot of other facets of his game, because defenders are obligated to close guard him. How much better can he be? Hard to tell. As long as his lightning quick shot is falling, his ceiling seems very, very high.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hey Drummond and the Pistons are doing pretty good too.

Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away - he wasn't even the MVP of the finals last year, where he averaged 26/5/6 on 44% shooting and 38% on 3s. Excellent output, but not in the realm of "dominant." And he was shut down in one or two games, IIRC.

In the post season last year, Curry averaged 28/5/6 on 46% and 42% from 3. Again, excellent, but not unstoppable.
In 95/96, for example, in the playoffs Jordan went for 30/7/4 on 51% from 2 and 43% from 3. That wasn't his best playoff year.
That comparison doesn't even take into account what an awesome defender Jordan was.

Point is, let's not get carried away - he's an awesome shooter who has the greatest ever combination of shot speed and accuracy. That singular skill opens up a lot of other facets of his game, because defenders are obligated to close guard him. How much better can he be? Hard to tell. As long as his lightning quick shot is falling, his ceiling seems very, very high.
Yeah its funny when people start talking about "greatest" player theyve ever seen. Now if you didnt experience the Jordan era i give you a pass but i still get a chuckle out of it. If you didnt live through the Jordan era you just have no idea.

Reaction Score
Yeah its funny when people start talking about "greatest" player theyve ever seen. Now if you didnt experience the Jordan era i give you a pass but i still get a chuckle out of it. If you didnt live through the Jordan era you just have no idea.
Even Isiah Thomas is above Curry in the guard category (right now).

Young-uns need a history lesson now and then.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is showing all those who said he was/is a one dimensional player as idiots.
Everyone can/should appreciate his shooting ability - he will rank as one of the top 3 marksmen in NBA history
What some people don't realize is that he can do things with the dribble that are amazing and he has proven he can dish the ball accurately and with creativity.
He is a very special player
I will never say he is the best all time or even rate him in the top 10 right now but he is just starting to come into his own as a leader and a superstar

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And he was 1st team All Defense. People forget that. Guy was THE definition of a complete player.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He is showing all those who said he was/is a one dimensional player as idiots.
Everyone can/should appreciate his shooting ability - he will rank as one of the top 3 marksmen in NBA history
What some people don't realize is that he can do things with the dribble that are amazing and he has proven he can dish the ball accurately and with creativity.
He is a very special player
I will never say he is the best all time or even rate him in the top 10 right now but he is just starting to come into his own as a leader and a superstar

How's his D? No idea, just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky