OT - The NCAA has issued a response to UNC: What will it say? - You Bad! | The Boneyard

OT - The NCAA has issued a response to UNC: What will it say? - You Bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NCAA has issued a response to UNC: What will it say?

>>Thursday afternoon, UNC officials confirmed that the University has received a new statement from the NCAA concerning the ongoing investigation into the Athletic Department. The University indicated that they are reviewing the NCAA's statement and will release it to the public shortly.<<

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Roy,

Wonderful job shaking off all the nasties and haters over the last two years. What you've accomplished on the court is a testament to both your character, and that of the the great ship Tarheel which you so faithfully steward. I've been doing my level best to obfuscate and delay as much as possible, that the impact of these (unfounded) 'allegations' lessen with time. Needless to say, any judgment upon the fine academic institution of UNC will undoubtedly fall elsewhere. I want you to know that, through this entire process, you've remained in my thoughts. Fear not my friend.

Your truly, with love, forever,

Mark Emmert

Reaction Score
"We're sorry. These past few years, we thought we were dealing with UNLV, not UNC. This will sound trite and will not be enough to assuage the time and mental energy you've devoted to this matter, but, sometimes, auto-correct can cause some real problems.

On behalf of the NCAA, I apologize again. You can consider this matter closed. Best of luck in the future."

Reaction Score
Dear Roy,

we are sorry for any distractions we caused you with this "fake news" investigation. To make it up to you we've decided to award you another National Championship. Since we are taking one away from Louisville we have an extra and just figured it would help make up for the difficulties we caused you.

Your pal,
Mark

Reaction Score
You're not walking out of this one, mister! You're finished! You've bought it this time, buster! I'm going to revoke your charter! And if you wise guys try one more thing, one more, I'm going to kick you out of the ACC tournament ! NO MORE FUN OF ANY KIND!!

Reaction Score
What will they say? "We made sure we had at least one regular student in those classes so we could always blame the academic side instead of the athletics department."

Oooops, that was the internal memo.

PR: "Regular students were also in those courses. This was an academic failing. It had nothing to do with sports."

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
And the award for audacious sarcasm beyond the limits of human potential goes to.................................The BY!!!!!!
Good job lads!

Reaction Score
How many years can this go on? When we had academic issues it seemed like we were on the Nightly News almost immediately. At least our players failed their classes fair and square.

Reaction Score
The NCAA has issued a response to UNC: What will it say?

>>Thursday afternoon, UNC officials confirmed that the University has received a new statement from the NCAA concerning the ongoing investigation into the Athletic Department. The University indicated that they are reviewing the NCAA's statement and will release it to the public shortly.<<
NCAA: Let's go to Storrs!!!!

mob.png

Reaction Score

https://carolinacommitment.unc.edu/...ent-Reply-2016-2nd-Amended-NOA-07-17-2017.pdf

www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-maintains-ncaa-overreach-in-latest-ncaa-response/16840516/
>>Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham, who will lead the UNC delegation to Nashville for the Committee of Infractions hearing, may find himself with an already biased jury. The NCAA claims an interview he gave to CBS Sports, in which he shared details of UNC's case, is in itself an NCAA violation. Coaches Larry Fedora, Sylvia Hatchell and Roy Williams will all attend the hearing, which Curran said is "standard practice" for those referenced in a NCAA notice of allegations.<<

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It is all "Johnnie Time" Selvie's fault!

Reaction Score
I read the NCAA infraction committee's response.

In a nutshell, they threw UNC's last response into the shredder.
Great.....so now what? (Not directed at you, but seriously, now what? Will there be an actual, legitimate punishment? Or do they just allow for a more contrite response?)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Great.---.so now what? (Not directed at you, but seriously, now what? Will there be an actual, legitimate punishment? Or do they just allow for a more contrite response?)

The infractions committee will drag UNC to a two-day hearing in three weeks.

Some months after that, UNC will learn what penalties they'll face.

There will be penalities. The NCAA's response was a strong one; North Carolina had insisted that the NCAA had no jurisdiction in academic matters and the NCAA seems to have a) decided that it is not simply an academic matter and b) that is most definitely in their business.

They even took the UNC AD to task for giving out details of the case to CBS Sports which in itself is an NCAA violation. (They decided to let that pass as it would cause another delay in getting to a resolution.)

Reaction Score
That response looks quite melodramatic. Who's got the popcorn?!

Reaction Score
Well they already won a title this last year despite what any foreseeable punishment they'll face

Reaction Score
Probably have to wait 6 months before getting Louisvilles vacated title and NC Central and Charlotte will both lose scholarships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom