OT: The Mouth That Roared | The Boneyard

OT: The Mouth That Roared

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Steven A. stuck his foot in it in a very unprofessional way Monday night:

"Stephen A. Smith put together a spectacularly bad argument during Thursday’s First Take, getting almost every detail wrong while previewing the night’s Chiefs-Chargers game.

Smith called the Los Angeles Chargers “San Diego,” which can happen — the move to L.A. is still weird. But on top of that, Smith discussed Spencer Ware (who won’t be playing), Hunter Henry (who’s been out with an ACL injury all year) and Derrick Johnson (who started the season with Oakland before getting released)."

The Los Angeles Chargers burned Stephen A. Smith after 'First Take' blunder

Pretty glaring huh! How do you do that - look at last year's notes and wing it?

By the way, nice piece on our recruit here: Aubrey Griffin: Target

Reaction Score
His counterparts were very polite to him. I hate nobody, I guess it could be disdain, but I have often wondered if the A in Steven A, stood for assh..e ??? Never worth a full listen for myself.
It's a gotta have a gimmick world but his does not work for me...

Reaction Score
I actually think the Chargers can succeed in LA. Going to take time and winning key games. A Super Bowl win this year would cement them.

Reaction Score
The Chargers actually have more Twitter followers than the Rams. Very interesting.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I actually think the Chargers can succeed in LA. Going to take time and winning key games. A Super Bowl win this year would cement them.

They have no fans. Winning a Super Bowl would obviously help. But they're nomads.

Reaction Score

They play in a soccer stadium that has less than 30,000 seato.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My cousin lives in LA but grew up in SD and is a huge Chargers fan but said they are totally non existent in LA. He said he hasn't seen a single ad for them while he's seen plenty for the Rams. Said there is talk of them possibly going back to SD if they can get a stadium deal pushed through.

It's too bad because I've always liked the Chargers. Plus, how can you beat those Powder blue unis!

Reaction Score
The Patriots are the most popular NFL team now. Who saw this happening?

The Rams may be the first pro team in LA but the Chargers have been in SoCal for more years

Rams, Raiders and Cardinals will be teams that played in 3 cities.

Chargers are stuck in LA for a while anyway. If the Chargers didn't move there, the Raiders would have. The NFL SHOULD have let the Raiders move there and let the Chargers take up Las Vegas. Raiders will now have an even bigger footprint of fans out of Las Vegas. So many bandwagon NHL Vegas Golden Knights fans around here, surprisingly.

Blocking the Raiders out of LA must be one of the dumbest sports executive decisions possible.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom