OT - The mess at Houston | The Boneyard

OT - The mess at Houston

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"The decision at Houston will likely and hilariously be spun as a nod to grander ambition, that the school needs a higher-profile coach to climb back from the netherworld of the Group of Five and into the Big 12. But here’s what this Houston football Christmas Coup failed to take into account – everyone around college athletics is laughing at you.

The biggest guffaws are coming from the Big 12, which has never held a strong institutional view of Houston in the first place.

“The actions Houston is taking will not help in any way position Houston for the future,” said a Big 12 source. “In fact, just the opposite. Today and the way this was handled only reeks of desperation. Obviously there was no studying of those who built programs for the future the right way.”"

Major Applewhite's job limbo reveals administrative clown show at Houston

Reaction Score
Houston was aggressive in 2014 when they fired Tony Levine after an 8-5 season and hired Tom Herman so they have a good track record with these decisions. Lets see who they hire before we decide its a mistake.

Tony Levine now runs a Chick Filet so clearly someone made the right call in 2014.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Thamel's source is probably Tom Herman or something, who has a vested interest in protecting Applewhite

Reaction Score
Houston was aggressive in 2014 when they fired Tony Levine after an 8-5 season and hired Tom Herman so they have a good track record with these decisions. Lets see who they hire before we decide its a mistake.

Tony Levine now runs a Chick Filet so clearly someone made the right call in 2014.
Yes, it was probably Levine! Take the buy out money and run like DiBacle did to us

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They will hire who Tillman Fertitta wants and who will take his $$...Like I said in other posts he is T-Boone Pickens Light.

At this point I don't think Fertittais light anything. He has the net worth to stroke 9 digit checks. And he appears willing to do it.

Reaction Score
Stupid article. Applewhite created Jacketgate and his team rolled over against Army. There's no way Army scores 70 unless the defense lays down.

Reaction Score
The Houston fan base is completely delusional. Applewhite was nothing special as a HC and was a bad hire from the beginning, but if they keep playing this game they're going to end up in a really bad spot.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Houston can lure Holgorsen away from Big 12 WVU, the only people chuckling will be Houston...when they start cashing those Big 12 checks. Houston clearly understands that its only shot at a P5 is in the Big 12. And the only shot the Big 12 expands is if/when expansion improves their football conference. Nothing else. Houston knows it and I applaud them for having the gusto to go for it. I really wish UConn had some of that, to be honest. But I am looking forward to hiring a new DC away from Porter & Chester at $65,000/yr so we can afford paying to build a part-time hockey arena.

Reaction Score
But, but, but.......drop football!

UH is more desirable than us. :( So is Memphis. :(

/sarcasm

Reaction Score
If Houston can lure Holgorsen away from Big 12 WVU, the only people chuckling will be Houston...when they start cashing those Big 12 checks. Houston clearly understands that its only shot at a P5 is in the Big 12. And the only shot the Big 12 expands is if/when expansion improves their football conference. Nothing else. Houston knows it and I applaud them for having the gusto to go for it. I really wish UConn had some of that, to be honest. But I am looking forward to hiring a new DC away from Porter & Chester at $65,000/yr so we can afford paying to build a part-time hockey arena.
The Big 12 is laughing at them.

Holgerson is a raging drunk.

Reaction Score
Why would Holgerson a coach at a P5 school, take a coaching job at a G5 school? I wouldn't...

If the money is right he might take it because Houston has the potential to be as dominate in this conference as UCF. A couple of 11 or 12 win seasons could propel Holgerson into an elite coaching position for elite money.

Houston is a hot job because it is a launching pad for good coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom