OT - The Greatest Upset in Quiz Show History | The Boneyard

OT - The Greatest Upset in Quiz Show History

Reaction Score
In 1968, my alma mater, Brown University, took on Northwestern in a 10-year anniversary rematch of the very first GE College Bowl. Brown's team consisted of a senior, junior, sophomore and freshman and trashed Northwestern in a lopsided 365-65. The Brown freshman, Bill Smith, accounted for somewhere close to 300 of Browns points!!! In the early 1970's, Smith appeared as a contestant on the Who What Where game show. If you won so many days in a row (it may have been 5) you retired as an undefeated champion. I believe he left undefeated after only 4 days to start his Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford. He still set the all-time record of winnings for the show.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In 1968, my alma mater, Brown University, took on Northwestern in a 10-year anniversary rematch of the very first GE College Bowl. Brown's team consisted of a senior, junior, sophomore and freshman and trashed Northwestern in a lopsided 365-65. The Brown freshman, Bill Smith, accounted for somewhere close to 300 of Browns points!!! In the early 1970's, Smith appeared as a contestant on the Who What Where game show. If you won so many days in a row (it may have been 5) you retired as an undefeated champion. I believe he left undefeated after only 4 days to start his Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford. He still set the all-time record of winnings for the show.
Hey, I went to grad school at Brown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom