OT - The Game @ Fenway for 2018 | The Boneyard

OT - The Game @ Fenway for 2018

Reaction Score
Yale drew 50,000 last year. Harvard packed Harvard Stadium the year before.

Reaction Score
It's funny @whaler11 would poke at me for my penchant for history, but what's wrong with this game being played in a high class facility for once?

Harvard Stadium and the Yale Bowl are archeological sites now.

Reaction Score
Im the biggest Sox fan in the world but unless you're sitting in a suite or the EMC club Fenway is the furthest thing from world class. As long as this takes Harvards turn I could care less but I love me some tailgating at the Bowl. For some reason getting drunk and rowdy in New Haven always feels just right.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Sucks. I'm in my final year of grad school at Yale and missed the past two years of The Game to see UConn get pounded. Wanted to go this year, but kinda lame that it won't be on campus. Totally changes the experience.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sucks. I'm in my final year of grad school at Yale and missed the past two years of The Game to see UConn get pounded. Wanted to go this year, but kinda lame that it won't be on campus. Totally changes the experience.
So now you’re a grad student at Yale all of a sudden. Yeesh

Reaction Score
I'm a big Red Sox fan, but after watching the ground crew take every timeout of the UConn-BC game to somehow try to pound the loose sod covering the infield into place, I don't think it should be used for anything but baseball. "Uh guys, if it hasn't taken root by now using an asphalt pounder isn't going to miraculously make it stay in place." That combined with the $9 hot chocolate and $10 "rain poncho" (must cost 10 cents or less to make as every dollar store sells them) took away much of the charm in November.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So now you’re a grad student at Yale all of a sudden. Yeesh

Have been since last fall. I still choose watching bad UConn football over The Game though, so I'm still a true UConn guy. I wasn't meant for the private school folks :cool:

Reaction Score
That combined with the $9 hot chocolate and $10 "rain poncho" (must cost 10 cents or less to make as every dollar store sells them) took away much of the charm in November.
That's Fenway for you. Profit margins on food and merchandise sold within their confined grounds obviously works out very well for athletic organizations.

If UConn gets into the Big Ten, I'd expect the same to happen in East Hartford. Prices can easily be higher than they would be if we were to go to the ACC. Our tickets are cheap in the AAC.

I think a day will come when we'll be seeing The Game be played in London soon. An NFL owner is very close to acquiring Wembley Stadium.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Im the biggest Sox fan in the world but unless you're sitting in a suite or the EMC club Fenway is the furthest thing from world class. As long as this takes Harvards turn I could care less but I love me some tailgating at the Bowl. For some reason getting drunk and rowdy in New Haven always feels just right.
I always thought Fenway was quaint and the best place to watch a BB game. Then a couple years ago I went to Yankee Stadium and almost became a Yankee fan. Rail access from CT and all. No vendors always in your face obstructing your view in the aisles. So much better. Football or futbol at either place, though, is problematic.

Reaction Score
I think a day will come when we'll be seeing The Game be played in London soon. An NFL owner is very close to acquiring Wembley Stadium.
Who is that?

Reaction Score
It's funny @whaler11 would poke at me for my penchant for history, but what's wrong with this game being played in a high class facility for once?

These “archeological sites” are great football venues. Fenway Park not so much. I enjoy baseball there.

Reaction Score
Yale drew 50,000 last year. Harvard packed Harvard Stadium the year before.

I guess all those fans must have been expecting them to dig up Cro-Magnon man.

Reaction Score
I guess all those fans must have been expecting them to dig up Cro-Magnon man.
I apologize for my sarcasm. Please forgive me. But both buildings have plenty of decay and have not been well-maintained. I've been to and go to plenty of game at Yale's athletic complex and enjoy it plenty myself.

This game is hosted by Harvard. We better tell them how upset we are by their desire to play at Fenway.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Please tell us you're kidding. Fenway Park is an awful place to watch a football game. There aren't any seats on one whole side of the field from about the 20 yl to the end zone at the other end. At least Harvard Stadium was designed to watch football games, not baseball, and it has a higher seating capacity than Fenway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom