OT- The Average Cost Of A Date In The US, By State

Not sure how they come up with this but it doesn’t make much sense to me. Everywhere I go, I seem to spend a lot. Most places I go in Florida, Boston, VT, CT or the Carolinas cost similar amounts.

I’m guessing the density of high priced places per square mile plays into these numbers. The only places I’ve ever been where the low prices really got my attention were backwoods Georgia and Superior, WI.

Rocktheworld

Posting on the Boneyard is Fun Again
Never paid more than about $50 (my half) in Boston. And I guarantee all the college kids and new grads are paying no more. No idea where or how they're getting this data.

And where the hell in Maine are people paying $160 per date? Since when are Colorado and Nevada (Vegas) so relatively affordable?

Oh wait, it's data from Match. Makes some sense lol

I'm assuming by the prices that these "dates" were purchased though a site like backpage. That's it! I'm not bringing a date to the game. I'll just bring my wife.

Never paid more than about $50 (my half) in Boston. And I guarantee all the college kids and new grads are paying no more. No idea where or how they're getting this data.

And where the hell in Maine are people paying $160 per date? Since when are Colorado and Nevada (Vegas) so relatively affordable?

Oh wait, it's data from Match. Makes some sense lol
You never paid for your date?

Hmmm ... just had a date night with my wife last night. A bit under $200 at Bistro on Main in Manchester, but we started with a dozen oysters on the half shell and did desert too. Just down the street at Sukothai I usually get away with half that. And yes, I realize that this wasn't a real "date" but impressing your significant other never stops just because you are married.

Btw. Bistro on Main is only 9 months old and highly recommended for visiting fans.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
It would be interesting to see this broken down by age groups.

< 25 years old
<25-35 years old

I would think a couple of college kids or kids right out of college are spending less than a couple in the 40's or 50's.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
and, cost-of-living by location. In Boston, the City, San Francisco, etc., $50 doesn't go far even for Dutch treaters. In South Dakota, $50 goes a long way at Dairy Queen or the local do drop in dive.
I treated a date to a dutch oven once. Pretty much ended any mojo that was going on.

Those Moondancer oysters were really fine though. And they had Firestone Merlin Nitro Milk Stout on tap. Doubt they have those in Wyoming or Idaho.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
impressing your significant other never stops just because you are married.
If your wife is actually "impressed" with anything you do, keep her at all costs. You're simply not going to find those naive, non-cynical ladies growing on trees.

If your wife is actually "impressed" with anything you do, keep her at all costs. You're simply not going to find those naive, non-cynical ladies growing on trees.
Doesn't happen often, believe me. And she is certainly just a bit cynical and not naive after 38 years. But suddenly realizing at around 5:30 in the afternoon that it is Friday, which is my responsibility to organize, and pulling this place (Bistro on Main) out of a hat on zero notice for a table at 7:30 was a rare home run.

Rocktheworld

Nothing wrong with dying alone.
Meh, I like girls who like to pull their own weight. Across my experience, when the check came, we would both grab our own cards without a word or a look to each other.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Plenty of restaurants we frequent in central Florida. We can spend $50.00 to $60.00 at some local steak houses, not chain ones, or a local seafood one. If we want, we can go to a couple of upscale restaurants were we will pay at least $125.00 for two.

Besides, at our age, any night out is a good one!

Rocktheworld

Plenty of restaurants we frequent in central Florida. We can spend $50.00 to $60.00 at some local steak houses, not chain ones, or a local seafood one. If we want, we can go to a couple of upscale restaurants were we will pay at least $125.00 for two.

Besides, at our age, any night out is a good one!
That’s nice, keep in mind these are averages

And it’s data from Match, which means these are likely dates 1-3 where you don’t really know your date at all. An anniversary, or a birthday, or a shared special occasion? Sure. But no way in HELL am I participating in a $200+ date, or even $150, with someone I’ve just met