OT The amazing octopus | The Boneyard

OT The amazing octopus

Reaction Score
Anybody else read about the octopus that was predicting games in the world cup recently? They are quite intelligent, only non vertabrae that displays this level of intelligence. I just got back from working in Sestri , Italy. Sestri is a small fishing village/ resort. We ate at a restaurant called Mario Pulpo. Apparently at one time there was an octopus living there in the harbour. The fishermen would feed him some crabs and he would then lead them to where the fish were that day. They named him Mario. Pretty strange interesting creatures. Taste good too. I had grilled octopus, it was delicious.

Reaction Score
I forget what aquarium I was visiting but there was an octopus unscrewing a jar to get the food inside. I thought it was pretty cool.

Reaction Score
I forget what aquarium I was visiting but there was an octopus unscrewing a jar to get the food inside. I thought it was pretty cool.
Yes I saw that. It may have been Boston aquarium. They put a crab in a jar, the octopus unscrewed the lid to get the crab.

Reaction Score
I see you are back in Amsterdam. Nice.
Yes and it is hot as hell here. Never experienced such heat here. In June I went to lapland to work and even there, not far from the arctic circle, it was incredibly hot. Don't know if this makes the news in the states, but big wildfires now in Greece and Portugal.

Reaction Score
If we could just get a pet octopus for the boneyard, we wouldn't need to all get nervous over recruiting. The octopus could let us know all the answers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom