OT - That did not last long, Hurley to Arizona St | The Boneyard

OT - That did not last long, Hurley to Arizona St

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonder if he takes Ben Wood (former UCONN graduate manager) with him. Went to same high school as Ben. He was a senior when I was a freshman, both played for same basketball coach. Good dude.

Reaction Score
Wonder if he takes Ben Wood (former UCONN graduate manager) with him. Went to same high school as Ben. He was a senior when I was a freshman, both played for same basketball coach. Good dude.

Maybe but 1 thing is for sure...Bobby should be sporting plenty of "Woodies" coaching at Arizona State as the ASU gene pool is the best recruiter for that occurrence. :)

Reaction Score

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Technically, Tempe, not Scottsdale. Potayto, potahto.

Reaction Score
So who will get K's job? Hurley, Amaker, Dawkins, or ?

Reaction Score

I thought it was going to be Collins, but if Hurley is successful at ASU I think he will be the front runner, Dawkins really has not done much at Stanford.

Reaction Score
I thought it was going to be Collins, but if Hurley is successful at ASU I think he will be the front runner, Dawkins really has not done much at Stanford.

Don't forget Wojo at Marquette.

Reaction Score

That's a tough one. Dawkins probably would have gotten fired if he didn't go to the Elite Eight last year. Amaker's doing well in the Ivy League but he's also been fired from a P5 job already. Hurley, Collins, and Wojo all get incompletes so far. They're not giving it to Jeff Capel.

So unless one of those guys really distinguishes himself in the next few years, I think they have no choice but to go outside of the Duke family. Would Brad Stevens say no?

Reaction Score
That's a tough one. Dawkins probably would have gotten fired if he didn't go to the Elite Eight last year. Amaker's doing well in the Ivy League but he's also been fired from a P5 job already. Hurley, Collins, and Wojo all get incompletes so far. They're not giving it to Jeff Capel.

So unless one of those guys really distinguishes himself in the next few years, I think they have no choice but to go outside of the Duke family. Would Brad Stevens say no?

If he's winning with the Celtics? Of course he would say no.

Reaction Score
If he's winning with the Celtics? Of course he would say no.
Coach K is likely 5 years away from retirement, at least 3 so speculating right now is fruitless. Plus I'd bet he saw how Calhoun did it and if Coach K - even more of a control freak by the way. So when Coach K is ready to call it quits he will have his successor hand-picked, groomed and falling into the job. It'll probably be someone from Duke family and probably someone from Duke coaching tree but its all TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom