OT, Thank you Packers | The Boneyard

OT, Thank you Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Colts about to win in Denver up 24-13. Stadium is almost totally empty at 2:00 mark and Broncos have the ball. Won't happen, but could you imagine a miracle comeback? A few dozen Heat fans left before Ray's three and were crucified for it.

Reaction Score
Just as the 'boys thanked them for last week. Neutral party here but it goes both ways.
Neutral here to. This call although by the rules was correct is horrible and worse than last week which was 50/50 call. If it wasnt PI it was a hold.

Reaction Score
Good rule. Takes judgement call away from the ref. clearly he did not have control all the way to the ground. Easy call upstairs.

Reaction Score
Not really, it's a strange rule, that even after a few steps he has to maintain control when he hits the ground, so the refs got it right.

So you're implying the rule says "a few steps"? I don't think the rule says anything about steps. That's the controversy. Dez clearly took a few steps so how many do you need before it changes from coming down with the pass to making forward progress with possession? He had possession that was clear. The ground caused the fumble. The refs felt he was still coming down with it and that he had not yet established a football play forward. There aren't going to be many objective opinions.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Neutral here to. This call although by the rules was correct is horrible and worse than last week which was 50/50 call. If it wasnt PI it was a hold.

Oh I agree I just want games called correctly and last weeks called then picked up flag just irked me, never seen it before. I love how the NFL comes out and think it makes it better by apologizing for two crucial holding calls that should've been called or any league in general for that matter.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
He caught it but tried to stretch it out across the goal line. The Cowboys had a crippled Aaron Rogers and still couldn't get it done . Period. Go Eagles!!!!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess the NFL considers this justice
I abhor the Cowboys and the Ravens but I felt this was a catch as much as I felt that the call last week should have been made

Reaction Score
Good rule. Takes judgement call away from the ref. clearly he did not have control all the way to the ground. Easy call upstairs.

See, I would disagree with that. There is no doubt in my mind that he had absolute control of the ball. The problem is that when the ball isn't tucked against your body, it's hard to believe that someone is strong enough to really have it. I thought it was a great play and I also thought it was going to replay the second I saw it. Not because I didn't think he caught it, but because the rule mandated it and I wasn't surprised at all when it was overturned.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As long as the Packers get screwed by the refs next week, all will be right.

Reaction Score
Umm, based on what, the rules or emotion?

The NFL head officials said they blew the call against the Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom