OT: Test 780B | The Boneyard

OT: Test 780B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..What was the 1864 Sand Creek Colo. Massacre?

15..In 1972 _____ debuts Pong.

16..According to Ol' Blue Eyes, what are the reasons The Lady is a Tramp?

17..Elizabeth Short of Medford Mass. died at 22 in the 1940's and was thereafter known as..?

18..What instrument opens Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue?

19..Well-dressed Asian Indian women in Connecticut are constantly cheating on their husbands.
This is a ____ _____ __ _______.

20..Who's just inducted into the R & R Hall for the 2nd time. Explain that.

21..Hello, _____. This is _____, _____. It's so nice to have you back _____ ___ ______.

22..In 1960 one of the Big 3 terminates which car? Leaving which models then?

23..The 1993 Brady Bill does what 2 main things?

24.."Now is the ______ of our discontent." From?

25.."Of all the gin joints in all the towns of the world.."?

I'm not at all sari I did this. Get going.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
18. Clarinet
21. Hello, Dolly. This is Louis, Dolly. It's so nice to have you back where you belong.
24. Now is the winter of our discontent -- from Shakespeare's Richard III.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
15. Atari
20. Stevie Nicks. As a solo artist. Previously inducted with Fleetwood Mac. (with Mick, Lindsey, John and Christine)

Reaction Score
15. Video game Pong.

17. Elizabeth Dead?

21 Hello Dolly. This is Louis, Dolly. It's nice to have you back where you belong.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
14. A large group of Indians, several hundred, were in their winter encampment along Sand Creek. A large unit of American soldiers, just around dawn,without warning, essentially wiped out the Indian encampment, which was primarily women and children.
25. line from "Casablanca", when Rick spots Elsa in his club.

Reaction Score
15. Atari
17. Lizzie Borden?
20. Stevie Nicks inducted as a solo artist this year, previously inducted as part of Fleetwood Mac
21. Hello Dolly. ?? It's so nice to have you back where you belong.
24. Winter of discontent -- Shakespeare -- Richard III
25. ...she walks into mine. Rick to Sam in Casablanca

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
14. Cheyenne and Arapaho people, mostly women and children, are killed and mutilated by volunteer cavalry troop. They were encamped along the creek and surprised by the soldiers.
15. Atari
16. she likes the theater but never comes late; she gets too hungry for dinner at eight; she hates California, it's cold and it's damp; she doesn't bother with people she hates; won't go to Harlem in ermines and pearls; she won't dish the dirt with the rest of the girls; and doesn't do something with earls. This as per Sinatra's version which I love.
19. sari state of affairs (groan)
20. Stevie Nix as a solo artist, first time with group Fleetwood Mac.
21. hello Dolly. this is Louis, Dolly. It's so nice to have you back where you belong.
22. Ford drops Edsel. leaving Lincoln, Mercury, and Ford
23. background checks and waiting period before buying guns
24. now is the winter of our discontent. Richard III by William Shakespeare
25. Why did she have to pick mine? Rick says this about Ilsa in movie Casablanca

Reaction Score
15. Atari
16. She doesn't like crap games; won't got to Harlem in her pearls; doesn't dish dirt with all of those girls;
18. Clarinet
19. Sari state of affairs
23. Background check; waiting period for purchase of firearms
24. Winter -- Shakespeare. Couldn't tell you the play.
25. She had to walk into mine. Rick on Ilsa in Casablanca.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14. Cheyenne and Arapaho people, mostly women and children, are killed and mutilated by volunteer cavalry troop. They were encamped along the creek and surprised by the soldiers.
15. Atari
16. she likes the theater but never comes late; she gets too hungry for dinner at eight; she hates California, it's cold and it's damp; she doesn't bother with people she hates; won't go to Harlem in ermines and pearls; she won't dish the dirt with the rest of the girls; and doesn't do something with earls. This as per Sinatra's version which I love.
19. sari state of affairs (groan)
20. Stevie Nix as a solo artist, first time with group Fleetwood Mac.
21. hello Dolly. this is Louis, Dolly. It's so nice to have you back where you belong.
22. Ford drops Edsel. leaving Lincoln, Mercury, and Ford
23. background checks and waiting period before buying guns
24. now is the winter of our discontent. Richard III by William Shakespeare
25. Why did she have to pick mine? Rick says this about Ilsa in movie Casablanca

20..To use your epithet I groan and Nix your portrayal of Stevie.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
20..To use your epithet I groan and Nix your portrayal of Stevie.
That is ixnay, my friend . Ixnay on the alkingtay! I humbly beg Ms Nicks apology.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
15. Atari

16. A bunch of nonsensical reasons

17. Black Dahlia

18. Clarinet

21. Hello, Dolly, this is Louis, Dolly. It's so nice to have you back where you belong

23. Federal background checks and a five-day waiting period on purchases

24. "Now is the wInter of our discontent." From Shakespeare’s Richard III by Gloucester

25. Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca waiting for Ilsa to return

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
15..Atari

16..There's one for every line of the song. I think one has to do with not liking California, I know "damp" is rhymed with tramp. Maybe goes out or goes walking in the damp? (And, BTW, Lorenz Hart was the lyricist. And I'll say again what a great show it's from. In the show it's sung by the lady/tramp, but works just as well when sung by a man.)

18..It starts with probably the most famous clarinet glissando in history.

19..Sari state of affairs

20..Stevie Nicks was just voted in as a solo act, in addition to already having been inducted as a member of Fleetwood Mac. I can't explain her inclusion based on her solo career any more than I can Bob Welch's exclusion as a member of Fleetwood Mac.

21..Hello Dolly, this is Louis Dolly, it's so nice to have you back where you belong

22..I assume it's the Edsel. Ford may have still made the Falcon and LTD?

24..Now is the winter of our discontent, Shakespeare, Richard III

25..Of all the gin joints in all the towns of the world, you had to walk into mine. Rick to Ilsa in Casablanca.

I'm not at all sari I did this.. . I think I speak for all of the regulars that we appreciate your efforts, Chief.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
15. Atari
17. The Black Dahlia
18. Oboe
21. Hello Dolly, this is Louis Dolly, It's so nice to have you back where you belong. An unexpected hit for Louis Armstrong who was touring and had no idea how big a hit his version of the song had become until fans began clamoring for it at his concerts.
22. Station wagon; sedans, coupes, and convertibles
23. Makes background checks for purchasing guns a requirement, and requires a waiting period for handguns
25. You had to show up at mine. Rick in Casablanca(never saw the movie, but it gets discussed enough)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
15. Atari
21. Hello Dolly, this is Louis Dolly, It's so nice to have you back where you belong. An unexpected hit for Louis Armstrong who was touring and had no idea how big a hit his version of the song had become until fans began clamoring for it at his concerts.

Another factoid: at 64, he was the oldest person to have a #1 hit single. I believe he still is.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Another factoid: at 64, he was the oldest person to have a #1 hit single. I believe he still is.
You made me curious. So a quick searched yielded someone's oldest 12 music artists on or at the top of the charts at one time. Never heard of the Zimmers? I included their audition on Britain's got talent. Watch it all! If you don't feel good after watching it, there is no hope. :D
12 Of The Oldest Musicians Ever In The Charts - The Cavan Project

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Gee willikers, doesn't it make you proud of our history? See Pinot & Bama.

15..The K9 sextet finger Atari.

16..Bama is most loquacious here.

17..Drive, SVC, & VAUC have the ever unsolved L.A. murder.

18..Rbny & Big & SVC with discerning ears.

19..Game, Big and (reluctantly) Bama.

20..Meyers starts a 4some with Stevie Necks, um, maybe Knocks, no, no Niques.
Oh, I give up.

21..Rbny and several companions remember an unexpected (as VAUC points out) 70's hit.

22..You had a choice here. Edsel went out with greater publicity, but it was also the final
year for DeSoto.

23..High accuracy from several of you with the 2 chief provisions.

24..Rbny starts us off, and the rest of you show this is a most famous line from the Bard.

25..Actually I'm glad that Rick wound up with Lauren Bacall...or was that a different show?

Here's something wacky. Typically when a test finishes up, we get 2 to 300 looks.
The previous test and this one show in excess of 600 (and by the time you peek at my final answers
over 700). I guess it's an alternative to just thumb twiddling, when there's so much space between games.

Reaction Score
25. K9 got it right. Although I think that Rick was actually talking to himself.

Reaction Score
I’ll limit my response to “The Lady is a Tramp:

She gets too hungry for dinner at 8; she loves the theatre but never comes late; she never bothers with people she hates; she loves a prizefight that isn’t a fake; she loves the rowing on Central Park lake; she goes to opera and stays wide awake; don’t go to Harlem in ermine and pearls; don’t like crap games with barons and earls; don’t dish the dirt with the rest of the girls; she goes to Coney, the beach is divine; she loves a ball game, the bleachers are fine; she follows Winchell and reads every line; she loves the free, fresh wind in her hair, life without care, she’s broke, that’s oke; she loves the green grass under her shoes; she’s flat, that’s that; she’s all alone when she lowers her lamp; hates California, it’s cold and it’s damp.

That’s actually the Ella version. Frank probably left out a couple of them. Now forgive me, my thumbs are in spasm from typing.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I’ll limit my response to “The Lady is a Tramp:

She gets too hungry for dinner at 8; she loves the theatre but never comes late; she never bothers with people she hates; she loves a prizefight that isn’t a fake; she loves the rowing on Central Park lake; she goes to opera and stays wide awake; don’t go to Harlem in ermine and pearls; don’t like crap games with barons and earls; don’t dish the dirt with the rest of the girls; she goes to Coney, the beach is divine; she loves a ball game, the bleachers are fine; she follows Winchell and reads every line; she loves the free, fresh wind in her hair, life without care, she’s broke, that’s oke; she loves the green grass under her shoes; she’s flat, that’s that; she’s all alone when she lowers her lamp; hates California, it’s cold and it’s damp.

That’s actually the Ella version. Frank probably left out a couple of them. Now forgive me, my thumbs are in spasm from typing.

Oh,. no forgiveness required. It's good to know that Ella is more substantive than Frank.. Yeoman work, ol' chap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom