OT: Test #545B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #545B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..What treaty ended the 1848 Mexican War?

15..In Choctaw what is "red people"?

16..Which NFL teams came after the 1970 merger?

17..The CIA character on JAG?

18..The seatmates of JP Richardson?

19..DC(?) becomes Woody Guthrie in..?

20..What has one eye, no heart, usually hermaphrodite and subsists on algae and plankton?

21..Jane Russell's debut film?

22..The countries in 1958-61 which made up the United Arab Republic?

23..The name of Tom & Dickie's TV show?

24..Before Omar Bradley who was army chief?

25..Laurie R King's Mary Russell series is a continuation of..?

It's already apparent that in "A", people are not providing proper detail. Stop that.Head bang

Reaction Score
15. Oklahoma
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans
20. Seahorse?
23. Smothers Brothers

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
18. Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens. and the pilot

Reaction Score
15) Oklahoma
16) Bucs, Titans, Jaguars, Texans, Panthers
18) JP Richardson (Big Bopper), Richie Valens and Buddy Holly.
20) Jellyfish
21) The Outlaw ...produced by HH
23) Can't remember the name but Tom played an angel who came back down to hang out with his brother Dick, on the show. I remember it because I vaguely remember Tom being a riot as the angel.
24) Ike
25) just a guess...."The Group"

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
15..Oklahoma – thank you crossword puzzle solving with Mrs. SVC

16..Panthers, Seahawks, Bucs, Jaguars, Browns (Browns went to Baltimore to become the Ravens after the Colts went to Indianapolis to remain the Colts then the Browns were resurrected back in Cleveland)

18.. JP Richardson, the Big Bopper, died in a charter flight with Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and extra credit for the pilot’s name. Don McLean’s America Pie forever made their deaths known as “the day the music died.”

20..I read about a one-cell organism like this. Unfortunately I don’t recall what it is called. It is a plankton, itself. It preys on other one celled planktons and I guess algae. It cannot live out of its environment so studying it is most difficult. The eye-like thingy actually does have very rudimentary parts like a human eye and is light sensitive. That is all I have.

23...The Smothers Brothers or The Talented Mr. Ripley

24..Dwight David Eisenhower

25..Laurie R King's Mary Russell series is a continuation of Sherlock Holmes' life when he was about the age of the average UCONN women basketball team’s fan. Or so says Jim Calhoun. Sherlock cradle robbed Mary Russell and married her. Ms. Russell maintains her maiden name instead of Holmes. She is also very, very bright and almost as perceptive as Sherlock. Now they solve mysteries around the world. Laurie R. King must do an inordinate amount of research for these books (actually for all her books of other lead characters). Must be nice to deduct your travel expenses as business research. Her descriptions of characters and locales are deeply rich. I really enjoy her writing.

Last edited:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
14. something like the Treaty of Hildago Guadelupe

Reaction Score
16. Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Cincinnati Bengals
18. Richie Valens, Buddy Holly
21. Outlaw
22. Quatar, Bharain, Dubai
23. The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
24. McArthur

Reaction Score
18. I cannot get credit for the pilot's name, but the plane was a BE35, a V-Tailed Bonanza. The pilot, though, was very young, maybe even a teenager.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
18. I cannot get credit for the pilot's name, but the plane was a BE35, a V-Tailed Bonanza. The pilot, though, was very young, maybe even a teenager.

• Roger Peterson (pilot) (1937–1959), pilot of the plane that crashed killing Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and Jiles Perry Richardson (The Big Bopper)

Reaction Score
15) Oklahoma
16) Bucs, Titans, Jaguars, Texans, Panthers
18) JP Richardson (Big Bopper), Richie Valens and Buddy Holly.
20) Jellyfish
21) The Outlaw ...produced by HH
23) Can't remember the name but Tom played an angel who came back down to hang out with his brother Dick, on the show. I remember it because I vaguely remember Tom being a riot as the angel.
24) Ike
25) just a guess...."The Group"

Duh

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
14. something like the Treaty of Hildago Guadelupe
14 - I was thinking along those lines. Guadalupe Hildalgo I think is closer to the right name. But something like that.
22. I have absolutely no idea, but will say that, for some reason, I always thought Egypt was part of the United Arab Republic.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
17..He was always addressed by just is last name, a kind of soil.

19..Can't believe at least one of you has not seen this flic. It was a Carradine who played Woody.

22.. Yes, to Egypt, and the one other country nowadays has rebels, Americans, Russians, Kurds, ISIS
and Turks all dancing.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Mr. Englebert Hidalgo is so pleased that Pinot puts his name first after all these decades.

15..K9, husky & SVC studied Choctaw. Who knew?

16..VAUC Quartet may not know their local Congresspersons, but they know what's important.

17..Clay

18..The pilot sits by himself, so we needn't count him as a seat mate. This is a too rare example of respondents doing
more than is necessary.

19..Really? You haven't seen BOUND FOR GLORY?

20..iT'S ONLY ME FROM OVER THE SEA, SAID ________ BILL THE SAILOR.

21..Ed4, husky & VAUC all liked her outfit.

22..Syria

23..Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, cited in its fullness only by VAUC.

24..Husky & SVC specify the 50's Prez.

25..The Librarian: You really are going to pass this off as YOUR knowledge and not give me credit?!
Librarian's husband: Stifle yourself, woman.

It's a low composite score comparatively speaking, 72%, which vindicates Puppy Love's whining
that mere mortals can't pass this. But anyway, who's gonna take seriously the complaints from a guy named after a Paul Anka
bubble gum tune.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
25..The Librarian: You really are going to pass this off as YOUR knowledge and not give me credit?!

Dubious answer.

Reaction Score
It's a low composite score comparatively speaking, 72%, which vindicates Puppy Love's whining
that mere mortals can't pass this. But anyway, who's gonna take seriously the complaints from a guy named after a Paul Anka
bubble gum tune.

The 'guy' is a girl and the name is a play on 'HUSKIES'. :p:p:p All the other names I tried when creating my ID were taken. I take exception ;) to the characterization of my statement as whining, but can probably demonstrate real whining if you would like. 'These questions are soooooo haaarrrd. This wasn't in the book. Why are there essay questions?' :):):) Happy Saturday, everyone! (Can't stop laughing at the 'Paul Anka reference.)

Reaction Score
14..Mr. Englebert Hidalgo is so pleased that Pinot puts his name first after all these decades.

15..K9, husky & SVC studied Choctaw. Who knew?

16..VAUC Quartet may not know their local Congresspersons, but they know what's important.

17..Clay

18..The pilot sits by himself, so we needn't count him as a seat mate. This is a too rare example of respondents doing
more than is necessary.

19..Really? You haven't seen BOUND FOR GLORY?

20..iT'S ONLY ME FROM OVER THE SEA, SAID ________ BILL THE SAILOR.

21..Ed4, husky & VAUC all liked her outfit.

22..Syria

23..Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, cited in its fullness only by VAUC.

24..Husky & SVC specify the 50's Prez.

bubble gum tune.
On number 23, when you asked the name of "Tom and Dickies TV show" that sort implies their half hour sitcom that came first and ran in the mid 1960's, from 65 to 66. That's what I thought you meant.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
On number 23, when you asked the name of "Tom and Dickies TV show" that sort implies their half hour sitcom that came first and ran in the mid 1960's, from 65 to 66. That's what I thought you meant.

I was unaware, so I looked it up. Credit to your answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom