OT: Test #529B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #529B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..How was Sally Field occupied on TV in 1967?

15..Translate: Von welcher Stadt sind Sie?

16..The world's busiest airport?

17..Differentiate criminalist from criminologist.

18..Within 25 years when was David unveiled in Firenze?

19..Margaret Gorman, age 16, found fame in 1921. How so?

20..Distinguish "That Girl" from "New Girl".

21..How did Gary Hart stumble?

22..The ancient folk tune "Greensleeves" was borrowed by Catholics for..?

23..Ophidiophobia is..?

24..Link Spike Lee with the 16th Street Baptist Church.

25..Eurythmics-"Here Comes..?

Dedicated to all my fellow Irma survivors.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
14. She was a flying nun.
21. Got caught in some monkey business on the good ship Monkey Business. Spending too much time and attention on young women to whom he was not married.
25. ..the rain again.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
21. He had a fling with a woman named Donna Rice (at least if I recall correctly, that was her name).

Reaction Score
14. As the Flying Nun
16. Heathrow in London
18. 1500
20. "That Girl" was Marlo Thomas; "New Girl" is Zoey Deschanel
21. Got caught with his mistress Donna Rice aboard a yacht fittingly named Monkey Business after stupidly taunting the press to "follow him" cause he had nothing to hide.
25. ...the rain again, falling on my head like a memory...

Reaction Score
14. She played Sister Bertrille on the flying Nun.
16. ATL
17. A criminalist studies crime from a scientific point of view in trying to solve a particular crime or crimes; a criminologist studies crime, its causes, the various components, and prevention
21. Her name was Donna Rice and Senator Hart was photographed cavorting with Ms Rice on a boat while Mrs Hart was elsewhere.
24. Mr Lee directed the movie 4 Little Girls which was the story of the four young girls killed by a bombing at the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham AL.
25. Here Comes The Rain Again

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
14..The Flying Nun

16..Atlanta

20..That Girl was in the 60's, starred Marlo Thomas with of all people, Danny Thomas playing her father. New Girl is running currently starring Zooey Deschanel.

21..Challenged the media to prove he was having an affair, and the very next morning emerged from a boat with Donna Rice on his arm. This was at the same time probably the most hilarious real news story of my lifetime, but also unfortunate in that it played a large part in ushering in the modern era of the 24-hour news cycle and all the services competing with each other to get news out fast.

22..What Child is This? Although I thought that was English, and therefore, unlikely to be Catholic, so I'm probably wrong. Could be in the RC Hymnal, I suppose.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
14. Flying Nun

16. Atlanta International Airport

17. Criminalists study, create, and use methods to collect and analyze evidence from various sources such the crime scene, a suspect’s person, their living quarters, etc. Basically they deal with forensic science. Criminologists study crime and its prevention. They also study the causes of crime, effectiveness of punishment, social impacts, criminal justice system, etc.

20. "That Girl" is a TV show in the late 60s staring Marlo Thomas. "New Girl" is probably a current TV show about some daft girl with social problems.

21. Gary Hart stumbled and fell into lust with Donna Rice. She was a real Hartstopper!

22. What Child Is This

Reaction Score
16. I don't know if it actually is, but Hartsfield Jackson claims it

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
14. I'm pretty sure she was playing "The Flying Nun".
15. Colloquially, What city are you from? Ed has the word for word version. I could read it so it must be what my old teacher called "baby Deutsch". Anything more complicated, I've forgotten.
22. "What Child is This?" Some beautiful versions out there, particularly when given that "olde" sound. Harking back to a previous question, I used to have a record that had it sung auf Deutsch.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
19..You'll know, if I tell you it happened in Atlantic City.

21..You've saddened the old Testmeister, for none of you explains what made the fall so noteworthy.

23..What's that in the grass?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
21..You've saddened the old Testmeister, for none of you explains what made the fall so noteworth

He was the front runner for the Democratic party's presidential candidate, then not so much. George McGovern was selected.

Reaction Score
He was the front runner for the Democratic party's presidential candidate, then not so much. George McGovern was selected.

The conventional story is that in response to rumors about his womanizing that Hart challenged the press to follow him around and try to catch him in the act.

Hart denies that he intended to issue that sort of challenge. Just listened to a podcast and I'm not sure that he isn't still denying the affair as well. One thing is certain, he is still furious at the press and its handling of the matter. Super furious.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Have any of you considered how much drag her habit caused?

15..Ed4 & Knights have it, but I won't soon forget that Knights called me a purveyor of baby German.

16..Ndmb says it is entitled to use its technical designation.

17..VAUC & SVC are quite clear. It's a topic these 2 miscreants want to well know.

18..If you were near 1504, you are a winner.

19, 21, 23...SVC comes up with the 3 post-hint answers.

20..K9, Big & SVC with eyes glued to the tube.

22..Very popular at Christmas time is "What Child Is This?".

24..VAUC recalls the tragedy.

25..The K9 trio has the hit.

Today is yard waste day, and I sorely hope workmen will show up to haul. This has nothing to do with your performance. Just venting.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'd like to point out that the Roman Catholics didn't steal the tune of Greensleeves. The words were written by William Chatterton Dix, an Englishman and an Anglican. So the Roman Catholics stole the hymn/carol What Child is This, they didn't put their words to the air Greensleeves.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I'd like to point out that the Roman Catholics didn't steal the tune of Greensleeves. The words were written by William Chatterton Dix, an Englishman and an Anglican. So the Roman Catholics stole the hymn/carol What Child is This, they didn't put their words to the air Greensleeves.

This does not negate Catholic borrowing. They are gleeful about it, regardless of history. Now, Big, the religious wars are over, so don't go around plotting against Mary Queen of Scots nor stirring up the Troubles again.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
This does not negate Catholic borrowing. They are gleeful about it, regardless of history. Now, Big, the religious wars are over, so don't go around plotting against Mary Queen of Scots nor stirring up the Troubles again.

I'm not sure that "..stirring up the Troubles again." shouldn't be on the BY coat of arms...:p

Reaction Score
14..The Flying Nun

20..That Girl was in the 60's, starred Marlo Thomas with of all people, Danny Thomas playing her father. New Girl is running currently starring Zooey Deschanel.

Danny Thomas did not play the father in That Girl. I would be hard pressed to come up with the actor who played Mr Marie.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Danny Thomas did not play the father in That Girl. I would be hard pressed to come up with the actor who played Mr Marie.

You're absolutely right. I was conflating Make Room for Daddy and That Girl. Marlo wasn't in the former, Danny not in the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom