OT: Test #520B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #520B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..What was the Tunguska event?

15..On 6/30/52 what begins a 57 year TV run?

16..Ketumile Masire just died at 91. For 2 decades he was Prez of..? How was he regarded?

17..Some Beatles beings: Bungalow ____, Dear ________, Rocky ______, Dizzy ____ _____
Eleanor _____.

18..____ Geneva Doud __________

19..As movies go, what is unusual about THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG?

20..The Newberry Medal is for excellence in..?

21..Mr. BALL FOUR?

22..Why is 1968 a watershed year for tennis?

23..Another state(?) just joined the recreational pot bandwagon. Now _ altogether.

24..The Parthenon was built to honor..? on _________ Hill.

25..Would you like to _____ __ _ ____? Carry _________ home in a jar...But if you don't care a _______ or a ___, you may grow up to be a ___.

Be explosive; light us up, make a joyful noise. It's the day for it.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
14. I believe it was a meteor explosion over Siberia, around, oh, 1910 or so. Leveled acres and acres of forest.
17, Bill, Prudence, Racoon, Miss Lizzy, Rigby
21. Jim Bouton
22. Arthur Ashe wins US Open?
25. swing on a star, moonbeams, feather, or a fig, pig.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
14..The largest meteor to strike in recorded history
17..Some Beatles beings: Bungalow Bill, Dear Prudence, Rocky Raccoon, Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Eleanor Rigby.
21..Jim Bouton. I worked with his brother Bob for a while...they looked very much alike.
23..Nevada Now 6 altogether.
24..The Parthenon was built to honor Athena on I almost said Palatine Hill, but that's in Rome. Then I saw the Acropolis on the answer above, but to claim I knew would be cheating, even though when I saw the Acropolis I said to myself sure, of course.

Reaction Score
15. Guiding Light
17. Bungalow Bill, Dear Prudence, Rocky Raccoon, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Elenor Rigby. You did not ask, but allow me to add Lawdy Miss Clawdy.
21. Jim Bouton
22. Arthur Ashe won the US Open as an amateur, the controversy of which signaled the beginning of the open era. (Please do not ask me to explain that:)).
25. swing on a star, carry moonbeam home in a jar, you may grow up to be a pig(cannot answer the entire question)

Reaction Score
18. Mamie Eisenhower

19. There is no spoken dialogue. All singing.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
18. Mamie Eisenhower

21. Jim Bouton, a former Yankee, who dished on Mantle's drinking I think, among other things.

Reaction Score
14) An exploding meteor in the lower atmosphere, over Siberia in 1908.

15) General Hospital

18) Mamie Eisenhower

19) very boring....Bridget Bardot? Ursula Andress?

21) Jim Bouton....great book, lived in Fairfield CT for a while after the Yankees.

22) Arthur Ashe won the US Open

23) Nevada

24) Athena.....The Acropolis

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
14.. Tunguska event is believed to be an explosion caused by the air burst of a meteoroid. Some believe it was a comet yet others think it was an asteroid. There are spectacular pictures of downed trees radiating out from the center of the blast.

19.. All of the dialog was sung in the style of an opera (so says you know who)

20.. American literature for children (you know who was employed by a library)

21.. Jim Bouton wrote a book called “Ball Four.” ???

24.. Athena, Athenian Acropolis

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
14..An event in Russia where some big explosion levels thousands of acres of forest - likely an explosion from a late meteorite.

17.., Prudence, Raccoon, Miss Lizzy, Rigby

20..Children's Literature

24..Athena, Acropolis

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
15. Guiding Light
17. Bungalow Bill, Dear Prudence, Rocky Raccoon, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Elenor Rigby. You did not ask, but allow me to add Lawdy Miss Clawdy.
21. Jim Bouton
22. Arthur Ashe won the US Open as an amateur, the controversy of which signaled the beginning of the open era. (Please do not ask me to explain that:)).
25. swing on a star, carry moonbeam home in a jar, you may grow up to be a pig(cannot answer the entire question)

17..I was being a purist. They recorded it, yes, but it's a Lloyd Price number from 1952, so I didn't count it as a "Beatles song".

Reaction Score
17..I was being a purist. They recorded it, yes, but it's a Lloyd Price number from 1952, so I didn't count it as a "Beatles song".

I didn't know that. Thanx for that info.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
14. It was a huge explosion in Siberia that leveled trees for miles. Probably a meteor.

15..All My Children

17..Bungalow Bill, Dear Prudence, Rocky Raccoon, Dizzy Miss Lizzie, Eleanor Rigby

20..Children's lit illustration

21..Jim Bouton

22..Rod Laver's grand slam?

23..5?

24. Athena, the Acropolis

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Oodles of you know how Thor sent a thunderbolt, which, of course, led to the Manhattan Project, cause we wuzznt gonna be outdone by no god.

15..You could put all my children in a general hospital, but there's no cure without a Guiding Light.

16..K9 might know this, if she were front and center this go-round. As a hint, think The Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency.

17..Pinot's Quartet is ready for the Beatlemania stage, just as soon as the Gampel leaks get bigger.

18..Ed4, husky & knights cite Mrs. Ike.

19..I don't know why we even need her husband here. Oh, and ed4 knew it too, without Mrs. SVC' aid.

20..Right, only kids under 7 who know script are eligible. Oh, you mean adults who write like children.
Again I don't know why we even need her husband here.

21..And here I thought baseball was declining in interest...or maybe you stop with prehistoric pitchers.

22..An argument for Arthur to be highlighted for a watershed year is solid. While he was known earlier for David Cup successes, he was the first African American to have that honor. Then he won the '68 US championship as a first too.
Now a grander scale would look, as Game does, as the year tennis became Open. But we need someone to explain what that means.

23..Fairview and husky with doobies at baccarat. Big says they can go to 4 others.

24..Cajun's sextet consults the Oracle. It won't promise a mild winter for Storrs. "Drat", they say.

25..Bears always perk right up, when the subject is "pig"

I will be pleased to read your results in 15 & 22.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
19..I don't know why we even need her husband here. Oh, and ed4 knew it too, without Mrs. SVC' aid.
20..Right, only kids under 7 who know script are eligible. Oh, you mean adults who write like children.
Again I don't know why we even need her husband here.
For several years I have considered this very question. Mrs. SVC

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
25..Bears always perk right up, when the subject is "pig"

I will be pleased to read your results in 15 & 22.[/QUOTE]

and, fish, don't forget, the song mentions fish as well....:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics