OT: Test #509B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #509B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..________, temporarily losing much land yearly to the monsoon, is dependent on fresh water fish more than any other nation.

15.."One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do."
So, how 'bout "two"?

16..What was Operation Barbarossa?

17..Istana Nurul Iman is the world's largest palace. It's in..?

18..In 1970 Diana Crump's claim to fame?

19..It's the 9th longest and easily the world's deepest river. Which?

20..Actor who played Ross' dad on "Friends".

21..World's largest toothed predator?

22..What was the theme of "My Name Is Earl"?

23..The African country with the most elephants?

24..Name the 5 that constitute the group of 5, not the power 5.

25..Jerry Garcia's guitar is up for auction sale, with proceeds going to..?

C'mon, admit it. This is tons better than Jerry Springer.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
15. 2 - can be as bad as one, it's the lonliest number since the number one...
16. Hitler's plan to conquer Russia
18. She was a jockey. First one in the Derby, I think?
21. Bear
23. Namibia???
24. AAC, WAC, MAC, MWC, WCAC or Sun Belt - not sure about the last one.

Reaction Score
15. two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one
19. the Congo River
20. Elliot Gould
23. Botswana?
25. Southern Poverty Law Center

Reaction Score
24. Mily Balakirev, Modest Mussorgsky, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Alexander Borodin, and Cesar Cui.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
15. 2 can be as bad as 1, it's the loneliest number since the number 1. 3 Dog Night
22. Theme song? Or Theme? Theme was Karma. Great show. (and Jaime Pressly)
23. Zambia?

Reaction Score
15..it's the loneliest number since the number one

16..Hitler's invasion of Russia

19..Hudson ?

24..Permanet members of UN Security Council? UK France US China Russia

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
14..Bangladesh

21..Sperm Whale - or perhaps their favorite prey - the Colossal Squid - but then that's really a beak.

22..Formerly bad dude believes he has to make up for all his past bad deeds.

23..Kenya

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
15. Two can be just as bad. It is the loneliest number since number one.
18. First female to ride in the Kentucky Derby
20. Elliott Gould
21. Sperm Whale
22. What goes around, comes around
25. The Deadheads’ John Smith Oatmeal Stout fund

Reaction Score
14. The Phillipines
18. She was Andy Taylor's girlfriend on the Andy Griffith Show.
21. Great White Shark
23. Botswana
24. US, Russia, China, France, England

Reaction Score
14.... Bangladesh
16.... Germany's invasion of Russia
17.... Turkey
19.... The St Lawrence
21.... The Killer Whale, on land the Polar Bear
23.... South Africa
24.... USA, Russia, China, France, Great Britain..... countries capable of launching ICBM's and or SLBM's.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14.. Hint: Ankor Wat.

15..All these music posts have sharpened your acumen. A full sextet of you.

16..Geordi, husky and Cajun see Adolph tripping East.

17..Hint: Pick a little place near the Arabian Peninsula, sort of.

18..Geordi & SVC argue for their taste in women. It was 1970, and they both waited at the finish line with bouquets.

19..There's K9, floating along in her kayak, fending off crocs and hippos.

20..K9 & SVC say, "Give us a situation comedy and we'll get an addiction to it".

21..Rocket and SVC wouldn't want to meet that critter in a dark alley. On second thought a sperm whale isn't dangerous in a dark alley.

22..Rocket offers some help for the neophyte listener. Two other elliptical answers would not pass muster with Alex.

23..Boy, that K9 sure knows some esoteric African stuff. And VAUC too.

24..Ignoring the "Power 5" context, some create answers out of whole cloth. E.G. why did ed4 leave out Tchaikovsky,
Prokofiev, Rachmaninov and Stravinsky (I know! I know!).
Now Meyers, with a sly grin, wants us to know that he has been practicing his letters. We all wish him luck in getting around to real words.

25..Oatmeal Stout Fund, SVC? I eat oatmeal, so should I know about this? K9 is the more enlightened Deadhead, citing the Southern Poverty Law Canter.

Kindly complete # 14, 17, and add words to #24.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
25..Oatmeal Stout Fund, SVC? I eat oatmeal, so should I know about this?

One Saturday morning I visited our local Dierberg's grocer to acquire some John Smith Oatmeal Stout among others for a "beer" dinner matching beers to the courses served. There was none ... no John Smith Oatmeal Stout. I learned the Grateful Dead were in town and the Deadheads apparently cleaned out the store of its entire supply of John Smith Oatmeal Stout. Apparently the Deadheads were better off than I gave them credit. John Smith Oatmeal Stout is not an inexpensive beer. It is not for guzzling. It is for savoring. I guess it can be savored while listening to the Grateful Dead's music!

Reaction Score
If you know that Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, et al do not belong in the group of five, why did
you mention it? Rather than made up of whole cloth, the composers I listed have been
known as the group of five (or sometimes as the mighty handful) for over a century.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
22..Rocket offers some help for the neophyte listener. Two other elliptical answers would not pass muster with Alex.
Rocket kind of explained what happened in the show, but you asked for the theme. The theme was Karma.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
24. The only group of 5 I know is the 5 conferences Geordi cites. He questions Sun Belt, I think that's correct and not the WCAC. And CUSA, not the WAC, which I don't think plays D1 football anymore. In any case, they constitute the rest of the FBS (with the Power 5) and get one bid to the big bowls between them I think.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Rocket kind of explained what happened in the show, but you asked for the theme. The theme was Karma.

So you say. While Earl says the word a lot, that one word description tells no one what went on. I shall continue to rail against shorthand replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
24. The only group of 5 I know is the 5 conferences Geordi cites. He questions Sun Belt, I think that's correct and not the WCAC. And CUSA, not the WAC, which I don't think plays D1 football anymore. In any case, they constitute the rest of the FBS (with the Power 5) and get one bid to the big bowls between them I think.

I simply want the names spelled out, not just initials.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I simply want the names spelled out, not just initials.
American Athletic Conference
Conference USA
Mid-American Conference
Sun Belt Conference
Mountain West Conference

And I erred, I said these were the rest of the FBS, there are some independents. Notre Dame and BYU, most notably. Probably a service school or 2. Conferences I know. Independents, not so much.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
American Athletic Conference
Conference USA
Mid-American Conference
Sun Belt Conference
Mountain West Conference

And I erred, I said these were the rest of the FBS, there are some independents. Notre Dame and BYU, most notably. Probably a service school or 2. Conferences I know. Independents, not so much.

Finally closure

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
If you know that Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, et al do not belong in the group of five, why did
you mention it? Rather than made up of whole cloth, the composers I listed have been
known as the group of five (or sometimes as the mighty handful) for over a century.

By "whole cloth" I just meant that you pulled a known fivesome that had no context to the question. Otherwise I was simply having irreverent fun, as I often do.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

By "whole cloth" I just meant that you pulled a known fivesome that had no context to the question. Otherwise I was simply having irreverent fun, as I often do.

P.S. Though I know the answer, if you had taken the question seriously and answered it, other posters could be newly enlightened. And we're ever tickled by poster enlightenment.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So you say. While Earl says the word a lot, that one word description tells no one what went on. I shall continue to rail against shorthand replies.
You didn't ask what went on, you asked what the theme was. It was your question. If you want a different question answered, you should let us know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom