OT - Tennessee Track pulls scholarship | The Boneyard

OT - Tennessee Track pulls scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Probably something that happens more often than we know. That said, disgraceful. And what can be wrong with college sports. And while I don't believe everything I read, this seemed a well researched piece that involved more than one player.

I don't like much that I've heard / read about the Tennessee athletic program of late, and for all the BY's tendency to sometimes crap about all things Pat, I think she ran a program where the players were held to very high standards but were treated fairly by those standards. Football and men's basketball always seemed a bit shady to me. I tend to root for Tennessee Softball, but admit I once read a very critical article about the program; OTH most things I read are pretty good.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What is it with Penn State Coaches? Sullivan in this instance. Rene Portland also withdrew scholarships, not to mention her other, um, narrow views about sexual orientation of recruits/players. There was also that fellow named Sandusky. . .

Reaction Score
There weren't too many of us Tennessee fans that were excited about Sullivan. There are not many of us happy with how other programs have been treated or dealt with. There are some people very critical of the Weekly's but for the most part many people love how they run the program and the players seem to have a great relationship with them and there is a strong alumni presence. It seems as if the basketball program is being handled with extreme care in comparison to others because Hart, Weekly and the other AD staff know the unholy hell that would be unleashed if they tried to tamper with anything Pat built. They already have their hands full with the Lady Vols logo issue.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This is a very disappointing situation; I don't know anything abut the site with the report, though.

Reaction Score
That is a sad read. What a dreadful human being. How does she sleep at night?

Reaction Score
Sickening. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens too often in women's basketball as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom