OT-teeth ? | The Boneyard

OT-teeth ?

Reaction Score
My brother had some tooth pain but nothing too bad. Went to the dentist this morning and his tooth is cracked badly and he needs a replacement. He had no idea it was cracked and has no idea how it happened. Dentist said it can happen with food or grinding teeth in your sleep. Have any of you had this happen? I've heard of it but still seems weird you can break your tooth from just eating.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
My brother had some tooth pain but nothing too bad. Went to the dentist this morning and his tooth is cracked badly and he needs a replacement. He had no idea it was cracked and has no idea how it happened. Dentist said it can happen with food or grinding teeth in your sleep. Have any of you had this happen? I've heard of it but still seems weird you can break your tooth from just eating.
Man, your family medical history is weird. First, you stab yourself in the eardrum and then your brother's tooth is magically cracked. What is going on here?

Reaction Score
How timely. I'm having a crown tomorrow to replace a badly cracked back molar. I'm 67 in April and parts wear out. I was a big ice chewer back in my youth. A minor personal flaw compared to the rest of them...

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My wife cracked a tooth eating Good and Plenty!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
How do you know the toothbrush was invented in Terryville?
Anywhere else it would be called a Teethbrush.

Reaction Score
If it's in the back, he may be able to do without the tooth, though he will have to adjust and the empty space may cause other tooth movement. If it's in the front, then get ready to spend $3000-5000 on an implant, and associated prep procedures. Dental insurance often does not cover implants.

Recently, I was worried I had a cracked tooth, but I didn't. Wasn't all good news though. I had a root canal on my back bottom molar last month, and I'm about to get a crown. Thankfully, decent dental insurance generally covers (partially) root canals and crowns, so it only cost me $800, rather than $2500.

Attachments

• missing tooth.jpg
    missing tooth.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I didn't go to the dentist for about 15 years then I decided to finally go last year. $6000 later my teeth are good

pj

Reaction Score
I cracked a tooth getting hit in the mouth with a baseball. That was 30 years ago, the tooth is still cracked, still not replaced.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I thought this thread was about that movie. NEVER WATCH THAT MOVIE.
That is a scary movie. I think all men should watch it as a warning film. Educational. You know what I mean? LOL

Reaction Score
Go watch Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman and Lawrence Olivier as the dentist. "Is it safe?"

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I cracked a tooth getting hit in the mouth with a baseball. That was 30 years ago, the tooth is still cracked, still not replaced.
I have some great tips on DIY dentistry.

Reaction Score
Go for the implant. You'll save a lot of intermediate trips to the dentist - and $$$$ - in the long run.

Reaction Score
Yes, had a crack in one that had no apparent cause. Just started being sensitive to hot/cold. In fact it was under a crown, and required a root canal and a new crown.

Reaction Score
I have no teeth
go to Los Algondes Mexico (7 miles from Yuma, AZ) and get all on 4 implant bridges same day for temporary and 6mos latter for permanent. Cost approx. $25K, Cost in US approx $45K. Labs are in US. You will look marvelous but you will have a slight Spanish accent.

Reaction Score
go to Los Algondes Mexico (7 miles from Yuma, AZ) and get all on 4 implant bridges same day for temporary and 6mos latter for permanent. Cost approx. $25K, Cost in US approx $45K. Labs are in US. You will look marvelous but you will have a slight Spanish accent.
It's a denture attached to implants. Not the same as fixed bridgework to implants (and not as expensive).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom