OT: Teddy Allmendinger Surfaces | The Boneyard

OT: Teddy Allmendinger Surfaces

Reaction Score
I hope the young man has a great career at Trinity. But maybe all you need to know about football under HCVV is that this young man, who as a true freshman walk-on played every game for UConn and started twice, after going to Trinity has only played in half the games and for the year has 2 catches.

Forget about Allmendinger for whom I have nothing but respect. What does that say about us? The only other walk on whom I remember transferring and playing at the D III level was a TB named Scherr under Edsall, whom never played for us but Edsall said he would have no trouble playing him if the need occurred. He went I think to Mass Maritime, and ran for like a zillion yards.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I hope the young man has a great career at Trinity. But maybe all you need to know about football under HCVV is that this young man, who as a true freshman walk-on played every game for UConn and started twice, after going to Trinity has only played in half the games and for the year has 2 catches.

Forget about Allmendinger for whom I have nothing but respect. What does that say about us? The only other walk on whom I remember transferring and playing at the D III level was a TB named Scherr under Edsall, whom never played for us but Edsall said he would have no trouble playing him if the need occurred. He went I think to Mass Maritime, and ran for like a zillion yards.

This was my first thought as well. Good for him, but it's incredible that a guy who started for us isn't seeing the field at D3

Reaction Score
Great football winning tradition at Trinity College, which is also a quality academic institution. Good for him.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
To be fair to Allmendinger, he was playing games at UConn as a fullback and it looks like he's trying to transition to TE for Trinity. While it's a little shocking to see a former UConn player not be able to consistently crack the starting lineup at Trinity, he is only 6'0". That's probably a tough sell for the TE position when they have a starting senior that is 3" taller.

Having said that, I haven't seen the Bantams play in forever. I don't really have an explanation outside of the short stature...

Reaction Score
To be fair to Allmendinger, he was playing games at UConn as a fullback and it looks like he's trying to transition to TE for Trinity. While it's a little shocking to see a former UConn player not be able to consistently crack the starting lineup at Trinity, he is only 6'0". That's probably a tough sell for the TE position when they have a starting senior that is 3" taller.

Having said that, I haven't seen the Bantams play in forever. I don't really have an explanation outside of the short stature...

Yes, but it also means he didn't convince them that having a FB who had started in the American was worth having a FB at Trinity. Or that he didn't convince them that he would be dominant as a LB. We're not talking about someone who transferred to Rhody. We're talking about NESCAC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This was my first thought as well. Good for him, but it's incredible that a guy who started for us isn't seeing the field at D3

Word on the street is he suffered a concussion week 4 and hadn't returned to play because of the injury.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Holy mackerel!

I didn't think he was a great running back, but I didn't think he was horrible either. That's way more shocking than the Allmendinger conversation...

I think Valdosta is a decent program and Ron Jon wasn't very talented. Heck, Lyle McCombs did nothing at URI and he was much better than Johnson

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
McCombs averaged 111 yards rushing per game over 6 games he played at URI. I would say he did more than nothing.

Did he really? Huh, I remembered his season being unsuccessful, must not have known he didn't play for most of the year. My bad. RonJon is still not good in any case :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom