OT - TCU Drug Busts | The Boneyard

OT - TCU Drug Busts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Anyone see this stuff? " In Tanner Brock's affidavit, he & Ty Horn said only 20 ppl on TCU roster would pass a drug test."

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2012/02/15/11/20/5m7vO.So.58.PDF

You never know when something like this gets painted across the entire university as being a culture of non-compliance / law breaking but as excited as I was when TCU was going to be coming to the Big East, I'm kind of thankful right now that we don't need to deal with this headache on top of everything else.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this was set up by the b12 so that they can now kick tcu out right away and add lville. every college locker room is the same. now that they know BE teams can come 2moro for a price. tcu was a mistake but at the time the league needed a filler and becuase they are good at fball it was a easy add. do you think they really wanted a 4th texas team in the b12 after atm left? swap lville and tcu and tcu goes back to the mountain america conf. and in the end we have freaking memphis.

Reaction Score
Yup, a B12 conspiracy is undoubtedly the culprit.

Good lord............

Reaction Score
Sounds like TCU is the perfect conference partner for a school that produced the likes of Pacman Jones.

Reaction Score
TCU is getting "Longhorned". Dodd has probably been sitting on this for a while, but now that they have to play TCU regularly, he's decided it's time to strip them down, and remind them of who the top dog in the Lone Star state really is.

Look out WVU, all your indiscretions are about to be exposed by the stormtroopers in Austin

I kid, I kid....sort of.

Reaction Score
A few things I found interesting after reading through the arrest warrant and checking the school's website.
1. On Feb. 1, 2012, the TCU football staff held a mandatory meeting and all the players had to take a urinalysis test for the use of controlled substances and narcotics. On the same day, a police officer contacted Ty Brock and asked him about the drug test. (Curious how he would have know about to ask such a question unless he had inside knowledge...which of course he probably did.) Brock replied that "Ya, they caught us slipping", but that it wasn't a big deal. Wow! Not a big deal! Either TCU's coaching staff doesn't take drug abuse too seriously or Brock was just displaying a little bravado.
2. None of the three suspended players even show up on the 2011 roster posted on the TCU website. Didn't take the school long to scrub their names off that list. And to think we still talk about Edsall on this board. :D
3. Ty's brother Logan is the top tight end for TCU.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
this was set up by the b12 so that they can now kick tcu out right away and add lville. every college locker room is the same. now that they know BE teams can come 2moro for a price. tcu was a mistake but at the time the league needed a filler and becuase they are good at fball it was a easy add. do you think they really wanted a 4th texas team in the b12 after atm left? swap lville and tcu and tcu goes back to the mountain america conf. and in the end we have freaking memphis.
Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

But if you are...

1. Yes, the Big XII absolutely wanted another Texas school. Texas schools playing other Texas schools (and OU and maybe even OK State to an extent) is good for keeping Texas talent in state. The kids' families want to be able to go to the games. TCU was by far the best choice among non-member Texas schools.

2. The Big XII may well try to get Louisville anyway, but it would not be in lieu of TCU.

3. This is not a typical college locker room situation. This is about at least four football players being involved in a ring that distributed not just pot, but cocaine, ecstasy, and prescription drugs.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Looks like only five kids actually failed the drug test for marijuana and no other drugs found in anyone else (11 others had trace amounts of marijuana within the margin of error). Somewhat good news for TCU certainly in comparison to the original assertion in the affidavit that it was 80+ guys.

Not intended to be a commentary of the merits of marijuana legalization but this certainly doesn't seem to be as big of a deal to me as when I saw the words "drug ring" and thought it involved heavier substances.

Reaction Score
Looks like only five kids actually failed the drug test for marijuana and no other drugs found in anyone else (11 others had trace amounts of marijuana within the margin of error). Somewhat good news for TCU certainly in comparison to the original assertion in the affidavit that it was 80+ guys.

Not intended to be a commentary of the merits of marijuana legalization but this certainly doesn't seem to be as big of a deal to me as when I saw the words "drug ring" and thought it involved heavier substances.

It did involve heavier substances:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Major-Drug-Bust-Hits-TCU-Campus-139355758.html
"McGee said the students sold marijuana, cocaine, Molly (Ecstasy in powder form), Ecstasy in pill form, acid and prescription drugs including Xanax, hydrocodone and others similar to OxyContin."

The assertion in the affidavit was from a player himself and it was about 60 players.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/S...-Drug-Use-on-TCU-Football-Team-139394183.html
"Later that evening, Brock told the undercover officer that, "I failed that bitch for sure," referring to the drug test. But he said he wasn't too worried about it because there "would be about 60 people being screwed."

In the affidavit, Brock is then quoted as saying that he and teammate Tyler Horn looked over the team roster and concluded that there were only about 20 people on the team who would pass the drug test"

Marijuana remains in the system longer than hard drugs, and how long it remains depends on the potency, the quantity, the frequency, when it was last used, and the persons metabolism.

Based on the kids story, and the report of the tests, I would guess those 11 kids smoked recently, the 5 who failed smoked regularly, and perhaps a group of others smoked once or twice but it was out of their system by time they were tested.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
that whole team must have swamped the local gnc for q-carbo. lol

Reaction Score
Wow! Sometimes things work out for the best...this is another mess and now it is th eB-12's mess.

Reaction Score
It's TCU's mess and the players arrested have already been sent packing. Now they do some PR work and most people will forget about this in a year or two.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would love to know the team apr next year. i bet its a perfect score even with kids leaving mid semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom