OT: Tate Martell | The Boneyard

OT: Tate Martell

Reaction Score
I hate the NCAA as much as the next guy, but how does this kid get a hardship waiver? What hardship has he suffered besides probably losing his job at OSU to Justin Fields? Is this just college football being a bigger $$ enterprise than hoop so anything goes? It seems ridiculous when you think about hoop transfers getting boned and having to sit.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
The right decision was reached and it still leaves me vaguely indignant.

Like, I feel like I should be annoyed. But I can't quite work myself to actual annoyance.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I hate the NCAA as much as the next guy, but how does this kid get a hardship waiver? What hardship has he suffered besides probably losing his job at OSU to Justin Fields? Is this just college football being a bigger $$ enterprise than hoop so anything goes? It seems ridiculous when you think about hoop transfers getting boned and having to sit.

Can’t let fields get a waiver and not martell.

Fields’s waiver was worse.

Reaction Score
How was it worse?

Honestly both are bad. Martell's is more of a joke. I guess the rationale is that his coach was fired? That opens up thousands of players. I think Field's got the waiver because a baseball player referred to him as a N word and he felt unsafe or uncomfortable which is fair enough. I believe his sister just enrolled at UGA though?

The lack of consistency is what irritates me.

Edit: yeah, obviously Meyer wasnt fired.

Reaction Score
Honestly both are bad. Martell's is more of a joke. I guess the rationale is that his coach was fired? That opens up thousands of players. I think Field's got the waiver because a baseball player referred to him as a N word and he felt unsafe or uncomfortable which is fair enough. I believe his sister just enrolled at UGA though?

Yeah, I'm aware of the N-word thing, which Fields's lawyer said had nothing to do with it, but how can Fields's possibly be worse? Is the hardship for Martell being a clown who talks a ton of ____ and then rolls out if he's got to actually win a job?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm aware of the N-word thing, which Fields's lawyer said had nothing to do with it, but how can Fields's possibly be worse? Is the hardship for Martell being a clown who talks a ton of ____ and then rolls out if he's got to actually win a job?

Fully agree. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Meyer retiring maybe. Still seems wild the way they throw these waivers around in football.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

The lack of consistency is what irritates me.

Edit: yeah, obviously Meyer wasnt fired.

His sister being there shows it was a sham.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom