OT: Syracuse Football Finally Gets Some Attention | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Football Finally Gets Some Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Edit: I can't post Coach Shafer's tweet because it was deleted.

But he called Atlanta "soft nosed" for shutting the airport and other stuff down over two inches of snow. The whole southern football community countered back with some pretty awesome insults.

Reaction Score
@edsbs
you play in a dome RT @Coach_Shafer: 2 inches of snow, city and airport shutdown ATL#softnosed

@edsbs
you lost 56-0 to georgia tech RT@Coach_Shafer: 2 inches of snow, city and airport shutdown ATL #softnosed

@celebrityhottub
Well, expect the Georgia media to rank Syracuse football 13th in the ACC instead of 12th now.

Reaction Score
That'll cost them a few recruits. Governor still an idiot for blaming National Weather Service.

Reaction Score
That'll cost them a few recruits. Governor still an idiot for blaming National Weather Service.
Right. They ignored the weather reports and got caught. it is pretty funny though to think 2 inches caused that much havoc. When I was in Maine they usually didn't bother shoveling anything less than 3-4. Great job on the roads, though.

Reaction Score
All of the errors the government were compounded by the fact that nobody had the sense to cancel school, work etc. You can't clear anything when everyone is stuck. Just a big mess all around.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I live in Atlanta...and it was unbelievable. It was the perfect storm (literally)....bad forecast combined with bad leadership. The city deserves all the ridicule that it got. Government didn't help themselves by not taking accountability....just excuses. How 2 inches of snow can result in kids having to sleep in schools is beyond me.

My favorite part was the mayor saying that businesses should release people at staggered times. How exactly was he going to coordinate that? He couldn't even figure out when to close the schools!

This is why Atlanta doesn't deserve another shot at the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
@edsbs
you play in a dome RT @Coach_Shafer: 2 inches of snow, city and airport shutdown ATL#softnosed

What a dope. Yeah, Syracuse plays in a dome because it's in the tundra and they wanted a multipurpose facility. Has nothing to do with how Atlanta can't cope with micro-levels of snow.

Reaction Score
I live in Atlanta...and it was unbelievable. It was the perfect storm (literally)....bad forecast combined with bad leadership. The city deserves all the ridicule that it got. Government didn't help themselves by not taking accountability....just excuses. How 2 inches of snow can result in kids having to sleep in schools is beyond me.

My favorite part was the mayor saying that businesses should release people at staggered times. How exactly was he going to coordinate that? He couldn't even figure out when to close the schools!

This is why Atlanta doesn't deserve another shot at the Super Bowl.
Only thing I disagree with is the bad forecast part. By every account I read from multiple sources, the National Weather Service got it right on the nose at least 48 hours before the storm, if I deign to call 2 inches a storm, and even issued alerts. They were just ignored by officials and businesses who knew better.

Reaction Score
Only thing I disagree with is the bad forecast part. By every account I read from multiple sources, the National Weather Service got it right on the nose at least 48 hours before the storm, if I deign to call 2 inches a storm, and even issued alerts. They were just ignored by officials and businesses who knew better.

Two inches below the Mason Dixon line is a veritable blizzard.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

If you listened to the governor he said he listened to the national weather service and they were wrong but the local weather guys were right. I just know that all I heard the night before was that the storm was going to be south of Atlanta and Atlanta would get a dusting.

Still....I don't know why they didn't close schools. A couple weeks ago they closed school because it was too cold. You would think this has more merit for closing than a chilly morning.

Reaction Score
If you listened to the governor he said he listened to the national weather service and they were wrong but the local weather guys were right. I just know that all I heard the night before was that the storm was going to be south of Atlanta and Atlanta would get a dusting.

Still....I don't know why they didn't close schools. A couple weeks ago they closed school because it was too cold. You would think this has more merit for closing than a chilly morning.

It's funny - perspective. I had 2 inches of powder snow what - yesterday? Wasn't in the forecast, I checked the night before - national weather service and marine forecast. Check every day. I got my leaf blower out and cleaned off the porch and swept the driveway with a broom...(love powder snow) took about 20 minutes to finish. They didn't even plow the roads until I got down to the highway, trucks just went over with sand. I was at my office about 15 minutes later than I usually get there. There were no traffic problems out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom