OT Swap (Off. Tackle) | The Boneyard

OT Swap (Off. Tackle)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Van Demark to LT and Peart to RT

Huge move. Van Demark had to play 30-40 lbs undersized last year, but he can move. Several times he avsolabsol led explosion plays by getting 10-15 yards down field and smothering defenders.

He's listed as 285 lbs which is still small, but if he has speed this is great. UConn needs a LT with footwork and speed to cover edge rushers.

Peart can do what he does best which is helmet on helmet.

Reaction Score

Huge move. Van Demark had to play 30-40 lbs undersized last year, but he can move. Several times he avsolabsol led explosion plays by getting 10-15 yards down field and smothering defenders.

He's listed as 285 lbs which is still small, but if he has speed this is great. UConn needs a LT with footwork and speed to cover edge rushers.

Lol...saw the title and thought you might want to swap your golf clubs for my mint condition, autographed 8x10 glossy of Walt Dropo.

Reaction Score
Yes sounds like the OLine definitely has it together going forward this year!! All seem to be helping and looking out for each other to make the O line better!! Great interview!!

Reaction Score
After Foley, I thought Peart was the next best NFL prospect based on what we saw last year. Far from a finished product and this move will help with versatility.

Reaction Score

Disagree with assessment on Peart. I don’t think he is a great run blocker. But he has the potential to be dominant as a pass blocker and run blocker. Just needs to be confident in assignments and get more consistent.

can’t wait to see what Van Denmark does during his career.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thought this was off topic dealing with an engine swap? No? Guess I'm the only idiot.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought it was off topic swap of some sort for the new-new-new "barter" economy. Please rename this thread.

Reaction Score
I thought it was off topic swap of some sort for the new-new-new "barter" economy. Please rename this thread.
I thought it was his travel team yarns.

Reaction Score
Agree with everyone on Peart's attitude, but at the risk of being "that guy", am I the only one concerned about those 3 little words he said...

"...whole new offense..."

Obviously there were going to be "some" changes, but our offense improved so much, i was really hoping we could keep that momentum. The waiting to find out sucks.

Reaction Score
Agree with everyone on Peart's attitude, but at the risk of being "that guy", am I the only one concerned about those 3 little words he said...

Obviously there were going to be "some" changes, but our offense improved so much, i was really hoping we could keep that momentum. The waiting to find out sucks.
FWIW, there was a quick Tyler Davis interview in one of the other threads and he said that the plays are basically the same but the terminology is different.

We won't know for sure what it'll look like until the UCF game, but I'm with you. I hope there's some carryover.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I hear ya but considering we graduated out starting QB and biggest playmaker in Newsome, I’m not concerned if there’s a small change in the offense. We don’t have a ton of skill positions returning, outside maybe WR, that have been one system for a long period of time. We have a lot of young players and hopefully they’ll pick up on the differences in the offense and continue to grow. The biggest thing this team needs is stability. Hopefully this will be an OC who’ll have success but stick around too.

It’s going to be a rough season as it is and with all the young skill players, I’m good with them learning and improving more this year and hopefully the following year it all clicks.

Reaction Score
John Dunn mentioned in an interview we will still be a no huddle team. I expect it will also be mostly shot-gun with three WR.

Reaction Score
I hear ya but considering we graduated out starting QB and biggest playmaker in Newsome, I’m not concerned if there’s a small change in the offense. We don’t have a ton of skill positions returning, outside maybe WR, that have been one system for a long period of time. We have a lot of young players and hopefully they’ll pick up on the differences in the offense and continue to grow. The biggest thing this team needs is stability. Hopefully this will be an OC who’ll have success but stick around too.

It’s going to be a rough season as it is and with all the young skill players, I’m good with them learning and improving more this year and hopefully the following year it all clicks.

I don't agree with your analysis. Look at the stats from last year (Bold players are returning players):

Rushing yards: Mensah 561, Hopkins 343, Pindell 289, Newsome 261, Shirreffs 200.
Receiving yards: Mayala 615, Newsome 541, McLean 472, Dixon 360, Skanes 335, Beals 266, Donaldson 225, Davis 156, Mensah 103.
Passing yards: Shirreffs 2287, Pindell 937.

I agree that QB is somewhat of an unknown, but we have our top 3 rushers returning and 8 out of our top 9 receivers returning. If Pindell improves from last year and/or one of the other QBs step up, the offense should be fine.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with your analysis. Look at the stats from last year (Bold players are returning players):

Rushing yards: Mensah 561, Hopkins 343, Pindell 289, Newsome 261, Shirreffs 200.
Receiving yards: Mayala 615, Newsome 541, McLean 472, Dixon 360, Skanes 335, Beals 266, Donaldson 225, Davis 156, Mensah 103.
Passing yards: Shirreffs 2287, Pindell 937.

I agree that QB is somewhat of an unknown, but we have our top 3 rushers returning and 8 out of our top 9 receivers returning. If Pindell improves from last year and/or one of the other QBs step up, the offense should be fine.

Yup...

Reaction Score
Shirreffs carries us last year as the JuCo was not ready Day One. Either DP or one of the Frosh (imho) give us a better promise - in YR 2 of HCRE 2.0 - at QB than most of the years since Orlovsky. In CFB, that’s really where you start. That and a OLine that gives you options ... and We have some good base there now. And depth.

Newsome was mostly stopped ... until he gave you a simply eye opening burst in open field. We simply did not find that enough.

Hopkins Mensah then Black etc combined with Mayala Beals Skanes Dixon McLean Donaldson + Davis Rose (if used) gives us experience and deep core of pass game options.

Close your eyes and remember watching PP or BD roster against a UBuffalo: HCRE has been creating a solid roster on our O.

Reaction Score
FWIW, there was a quick Tyler Davis interview in one of the other threads and he said that the plays are basically the same but the terminology is different.

We won't know for sure what it'll look like until the UCF game, but I'm with you. I hope there's some carryover.

Hopefully they keep foundation, and just make some minor changes to suit the talent.

I agree if it's small changes. What concerned me was "whole" new offense. Hopefully he didn't mean everything was changing, and maybe just all new terminology.

Reaction Score

Would you explain this? Why is this a huge move? Plays are run right and plays are run left depending on personnel on both sides of the ball. what hash the ball is on, what is being disguised, and what the recent history has been to set up the next play. Think I am missing the point. Is the playbook so simplified that certain plays are only run right or only run left? I am puzzled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom