OT: Stephen A Smith Meets his match in LaVar Ball

I can't believe I am saying this, and I am shocked by my response, but I watched that entire clip and they had me cracking up throughout. Lavar is hilarious. I hope his son is the truth so we can continue to see more of him. He is made for a show the First Take. And I couldn't sit through a minute of Skip and SAS and have never watched the new iteration.

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
People are overthinking this.

LaVar Ball is harmless. Too many players have fathers that haven't done enough, so it's pretty easy to tolerate one dad who seems to want to do too much.

I cannot stand sports studio shows, but that had me entertained.

People are overthinking this.

LaVar Ball is harmless. Too many players have fathers that haven't done enough, so it's pretty easy to tolerate one dad who seems to want to do too much.

I cannot stand sports studio shows, but that had me entertained.
I mean it's kind of a general consensus that Lavar Ball is big doof. It's one thing for a parent to be confident in their kids, it's another to be like him, touting them as the resurrection of christ pretty much. As most of us have said in the other thread, some of the things he says and does are borderline maniacal. I say take the cameras and microphones away from the guy, he's setting his sons up to fail with these premonitions.

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
I mean it's kind of a general consensus that Lavar Ball is big doof. It's one thing for a parent to be confident in their kids, it's another to be like him, touting them as the resurrection of christ pretty much. As most of us have said in the other thread, some of the things he says and does are borderline maniacal. I say take the cameras and microphones away from the guy, he's setting his sons up to fail with these premonitions.
What is the absolute worst thing that could come out of what he's saying? That his son might not be as good at playing a game as he says?

Who cares either way?

How do people watch these shows? Stephen Smith looks proud of himself after every over the top thing he says. LaVar Ball is just a big dork. Have no clue how Molly Qerim could sit there when it was just those two idiots Smith and Bayless screaming at each other. At leasr Kellerman is a good dude and doesn't have to use bombast to articulate his thoughts.

I cant believe what im about to say as ive found the guy to be rather annoying but i came out of this liking the guy. I realized that hes a genius. He doesnt believe half the stuff hes spewing but its entertaining and actually rather funny when you see him saying it instead of reading the quotes. If you notice this guy has a smirk that he tries to hide when hes says some outlandish stuff which tells me he knows how ridiculous the stuff he says is. Its all an over the top act that hes using to build the Ball brand and you know what? Its absolutely working. This guy comes across as an idiot but when you listen to him instead of reading quotes you can see what hes doing.

How do people watch these shows? Stephen Smith looks proud of himself after every over the top thing he says. LaVar Ball is just a big dork. Have no clue how Molly Qerim could sit there when it was just those two idiots Smith and Bayless screaming at each other. At leasr Kellerman is a good dude and doesn't have to use bombast to articulate his thoughts.
Molly is super hot but looks like she was a hairy mess when she was younger lol!

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
I cant believe what im about to say as ive found the guy to be rather annoying but i came out of this liking the guy.
Same here - he's naming tunes and the talking heads are dancing to them.

He's playing these folks, making a little money and having a little fun. And he loves his kids...trying real hard to see to see the dark cloud in this one.

I cant believe what im about to say as ive found the guy to be rather annoying but i came out of this liking the guy. I realized that hes a genius. He doesnt believe half the stuff hes spewing but its entertaining and actually rather funny when you see him saying it instead of reading the quotes. If you notice this guy has a smirk that he tries to hide when hes says some outlandish stuff which tells me he knows how ridiculous the stuff he says is. Its all an over the top act that hes using to build the Ball brand and you know what? Its absolutely working. This guy comes across as an idiot but when you listen to him instead of reading quotes you can see what hes doing.
Of course he knows it's all bullspit. Amazed at how people throw around the word "genius" these days though. This guy is just copying that other "genius" Kim Kardashian.

Of course he knows it's all bullspit. Amazed at how people throw around the word "genius" these days though. This guy is just copying that other "genius" Kim Kardashian.
Has Kim Kardashian ever made you laugh? Has she showed any semblance of a personality? I don't think Ball is necessarily a genius but he knows what works and is not similar to Kim Kardashian, a person who is literally only famous because of sleeping with famous people.

It's called marketing yourself. The Kardashians are great at it, LaVar Ball is great at it, Trump is great at it. The only one who has ever made me laugh is Trump, none of them are geniuses.
Yea, I see your point. I don't know how the Kardashian's market themselves since I try to keep them out of sight/out of mind, but they must be skilled at it. I just liked seeing the amateur troll out-troll the professional troll.

I think youre reading far too much into my genius statement. It was hyperbole man chill. KK comparison is absolutely terrible btw. She got about a much personality as a turd in the sun.

I think youre reading far too much into my genius statement. It was hyperbole man chill. KK comparison is absolutely terrible btw. She got about a much personality as a turd in the sun.
The comparison was that neither seems to have any discernible talent but they are always in the news and the money follows. I wouldn't want to hang out with either of them but I would like to play with Kim's butt.

Same here - he's naming tunes and the talking heads are dancing to them.

He's playing these folks, making a little money and having a little fun. And he loves his kids...trying real hard to see to see the dark cloud in this one.
Does he love his kids, or does he love himself? Not to go all fleud, but the dark cloud is obviously the pressure he's putting on his kids. I agree that he's entertaining. But isn't this just the 2017 evolution of the Todd Marinovich story? And how's Todd doing?

Would you ever set your kids up to fail like this?