OT: Steph Curry is stepping out of his lane | The Boneyard

OT: Steph Curry is stepping out of his lane

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Steph got a sponsor's invitation to this week's web.com tour [golf]...basically the Triple A version of the PGA tour. I read somewhere that his handicap is a plus 2....that is 2 shots better than a scratch golfer.
I have seen a few of his swings on the Golf Channel...it's nice...won't make the cut. He appears to have a genuine long-time love for the game.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
True. As I see it, the sponsor is simply doing a "value added" move to give the public yet another reason (or for some people the only reason) to buy a ticket. Golf tournaments have certainly done this before. Remember Michelle Wie playing against a field of men? Steph Curry is, by all reports, one of the most approachable and friendly sports stars in the US. Golf is a good fit for him, even if he isn't -quite- as good at golf as he is at basketball.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Shot 4 over 74...pretty respectable. Zero shot at making the cut.

IMO: Michelle getting multiple chances in men's tournaments wound up harming her progress.
Those sponsors wanted pub and that she provided. Her parents seemed to be overly eager to put her in those situations
reasoning ?????

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
IMO: Michelle getting multiple chances in men's tournaments wound up harming her progress.
Those sponsors wanted pub and that she provided. Her parents seemed to be overly eager to put her in those situations
reasoning ?????
She made a ton of dough back then, I'm sure that's the reason.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
For the record: Curry shot 74-74.....missed the cut by a lot. A respectable showing nonetheless....he had nothing to say
about entering a pro tourney again. Web.com events would offer sponsors' invitations in a heartbeat....perhaps a few PGA events might [the same ones that invited Michelle]
IMO...he ought to try and qualify for the California State Amateur....and the USGA national amateur.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom