OT: Stay away from Wok On at the Sun | The Boneyard

OT: Stay away from Wok On at the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
There was a wait at Geno's Pub last night and our backup, BBP was even worse. We decided to get something quick at Wok On. It was the worst "Chinese" food I have ever not eaten. Not only did it suck taste wise but most of it didn't even resemble anything I've seen before. The pork lo mein appeared to be linguine that had no pork, the General Tso's was nothing but tasteless square cut chunks of unseasoned cardboard chicken served with large chunks of sweet bell pepper and onion. My wife had dumplings that must have been made last week. They were inedible. I spent much of my adult life eating in chow halls. Trust me when I say it was inedible.

This stuff wasn't even fit for a school cafeteria. I could go on, but we ended up tossing $30 of garbage into the garbage.

Is Auriemma associated with this food court? I noticed that the soft drink cups had the Geno's logo.

Reaction Score
We got there early enough to eat at Bobby's Burger Palace. Grabbed seats at the bar...had really good burgers and a nice draft beer.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Tuscany at Mohegan is very pleasant.

Absolutely, but Tuscany is dinner out for us not a quick bite before the game. Usually we eat in Geno's pub or BBP but last night the lines were long. They were even longer at Pepe's.

I just wanted to warn people to STAY AWAY from WOK on - Run don't WOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc