OT States where Patriots are most Disliked Team | The Boneyard

OT States where Patriots are most Disliked Team

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why would the Jets be hated in New England? :confused: Their ineptitude helps the Patriots year after year. We just sent NE into the playoffs feeling pretty darn good and with a bye to boot. They should give us a parade. :(

Reaction Score
Giants AND Jets fans both hate the Patriots the most? Who saw this day coming. The Patriots were once horrible. Had season tix for the 1991 season. They went 1-15 that year and not long after were trying to be moved to St Louis.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Why would the Jets be hated in New England? :confused: Their ineptitude helps the Patriots year after year. We just sent NE into the playoffs feeling pretty darn good and with a bye to boot. They should give us a parade. :(

I've been a Jets and Mets fan since 1969 and have had little to keep me interested since then.

Reaction Score
I can understand New York. Don't forget Buffalo, whose fans can't be all that enamored of the Patriots. What I don't understand is states like Alaska, that don't have teams of their own.
Before the AFL, the Giants were the closest team, but as a Red Sox fan, there was no way I could root for a team from New York. So I didn't even watch pro football.
Speaking of the Giants, not the most hated team in any state? How the mighty have fallen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I can understand New York. Don't forget Buffalo, whose fans can't be all that enamored of the Patriots. What I don't understand is states like Alaska, that don't have teams of their own.
Before the AFL, the Giants were the closest team, but as a Red Sox fan, there was no way I could root for a team from New York. So I didn't even watch pro football.
Speaking of the Giants, not the most hated team in any state? How the mighty have fallen.

Not that hard to understand.

The Giants are looked upon as one of the old guard teams with historical blood lines etc. A solid ownership with blue collar players etc. Of course, that is starting to change with OBJ and some classic underachieving but we probably are in the pity category now.

The Patriots are the new kids who do things a bit differently. Perhaps some people may not care for their reputation for cutting corners (ie. Spy gate, deflate gate etc) and a coach who can't bring himself to utter any human sentences during press conferences and likes cutting players before they are done like the Borg. There are plenty of other little things that can irk the average fan. For me, I don't hate the patriots and I respect their record but it is very easy to see why they can stimulate some anger.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Giants AND Jets fans both hate the Patriots the most? Who saw this day coming. The Patriots were once horrible. Had season tix for the 1991 season. They went 1-15 that year and not long after were trying to be moved to St Louis.
I am a Giants fan and dont hate the Pat's. We beat em twice in the Super bowl. We love playing the Pat's in the postseason.

Reaction Score
Not that hard to understand.

The Giants are looked upon as one of the old guard teams with historical blood lines etc. A solid ownership with blue collar players etc. Of course, that is starting to change with OBJ and some classic underachieving but we probably are in the pity category now.

The Patriots are the new kids who do things a bit differently. Perhaps some people may not care for their reputation for cutting corners (ie. Spy gate, deflate gate etc) and a coach who can't bring himself to utter any human sentences during press conferences and likes cutting players before they are done like the Borg. There are plenty of other little things that can irk the average fan. For me, I don't hate the patriots and I respect their record but it is very easy to see why they can stimulate some anger.
Don’t understand your comment about cutting people?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Don’t understand your comment about cutting people?

Just a general sense that they want to get rid of (trade or release) a player perhaps earlier than other teams before they regress, Smart business perhaps but can be considered 'cold'. Perhaps not the best issue to account for bad feelings but Que sera sera

Reaction Score
I travel around to most of the US and find the Pats are typically the most or 2nd most hated. Example: Phila hates Dallas for obvious reasons but usually has the Pats as their #2. Envy is a tough thing.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I understand how people hate the Pats. Everyone hates the team that wins all the time, and Videogate and Ballgate just confirmed it in the minds of some . Nevertheless, cheaters or not (and God do I hate them), they win. They're smarter, better organized, and better prepared than every other team. They're really "America's Team". But the Jets as the second most hated? I've said this before, but how can anyone despise the Jets, a team distinguished by its own ineptitutde? An ineptitude that's lasted a soon to be 50 years? What exactly is there to hate, the logo? The uniform? They haven't won a playoff game in nigh on ten years and they haven't been to the Super Bowl since the 3rd one. May as well hate dirt. Why don't people hate the Browns since they've been slightly worse. What a waste of dislike. Why not save it for the truly arrogant teams and fanbases like Dallas that haven't won a playoff game in 30 years but still act like they're "America's Team". Now that's a team worth hating.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting that Patriots the most
Not that hard to understand...

...The Patriots are the new kids who do things a bit differently. Perhaps some people may not care for their reputation for cutting corners (ie. Spy gate, deflate gate etc) and a coach who can't bring himself to utter any human sentences during press conferences and likes cutting players before they are done like the Borg. There are plenty of other little things that can irk the average fan. For me, I don't hate the patriots and I respect their record but it is very easy to see why they can stimulate some anger.
Oh - and that “winning all the time” thing... (Would like to see that map for UConn WBB - ha! Might be up there with the Yankees.)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I would've thought it'd be Pats in at least 20+ states....everyone roots against the Patriots unless they're a Pats fan.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both the Eagles' fans and the Redskins' fans dislike the Cowboys. Maryland is affected by the Ravens' rivalry with the Steelers, so Virginia dislikes Dallas and Maryland dislikes Pittsburgh.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If you're a Giants fan - the Cowboys, Eagles and Skins are on the hate list. Its been that way for a long while.

I'm a Giants fan and also a Pats fan. No problem with the Pats winning, except for those 2 Super Bowls!!! Most hate the Pats because of their success. Just like UConn women's basketball. That's sports.

Reaction Score
I'm glad the Pats are still hated here in Indiana. I still despise the Colts, and I'd love for the Pats to meet the Colts in the playoffs this year. :D:D

Reaction Score
The New England Patriots: The UConn Huskies of the NFL...."bad for the game" :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom