OT: Space Jam 2 with Lebron is official | The Boneyard

OT: Space Jam 2 with Lebron is official

Reaction Score
'Space Jam' Sequel Finds Director with Justin Lin

Justin Lin and Andrew Dodge are ready to shoot some intergalactic hoops with LeBron James.

The Fast & Furious 6 and Star Trek Beyond helmer is in talks to direct Warner Bros.' sequel Space Jam 2 whileDodgewill write.

Rumors of a follow-up to the live action/animated 1996 hit have been brewing for years, and picked up again when James and his company SpringHill Entertainment signed a deal with Warner Bros. in July. The Cleveland Cavaliers NBA player, who recently appeared in Amy Schumer comedy Trainwreck, will star in Space Jam 2. He's repped by WME.

Sources say it's early on the in the process but that Lin and Dodge are working on the script. Charles Ebersol is producing.

Reaction Score
damn, i am kinda looking forward to this. i'm 25, and space jam was a pretty big part of my childhood. plus, lebron james totally stole the show in trainwreck. could be good?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I don't think I have ever watched Space Jam all the way through. I was in college when it came out and really had no interest in it. I have seen bits and pieces when it was on but thats about it. Now with my kid I am probably more likely to see this one.

Reaction Score
So unless Lebron stacks his team with the other top 10 players in this world (or at least Bill Murray and Neuman) we're going to lose to the aliens? That sucks!

Reaction Score
I'm 21 and a junior at UConn. Lebron and his throne at the top of the NBA has been my childhood. Honestly, I'm a fan of his. However, I know many do not like Lebron and scrutinize him a ton.

Question for the older generation who have watched both MJ and Lebron. Do you think MJ would have received similar scrutiny and hatred had he played during the boom of social media? Lebron is the scapegoat of social media. Despite having lived up to extraordinary expectations, he still catches flack for what he says off the court, often complaining on the court. Nitpicking from our crazed social media society, or is it deserved in comparison to MJ and his actions?

Reaction Score
Fill out the MonStars roster with today's comparable players:

Muggsy Bogues: If it were made 5 years ago I'd say Nate Robinson, but let's go with Isaiah Thomas
Larry Johnson: Let's go with Deandre Jordan to stick with a guy that's done a commercial in drag.
Patrick Ewing: Tim Duncan. A legendary big in the twilight of his career
Shawn Bradley: Mozgov? Just to get that token tall doofy guy in there?
Charles Barkley: Superstar PF with some comedy chops? Blake Griffin.

Reaction Score
I'm 21 and a junior at UConn. Lebron and his throne at the top of the NBA has been my childhood. Honestly, I'm a fan of his. However, I know many do not like Lebron and scrutinize him a ton.

Question for the older generation who have watched both MJ and Lebron. Do you think MJ would have received similar scrutiny and hatred had he played during the boom of social media? Lebron is the scapegoat of social media. Despite having lived up to extraordinary expectations, he still catches flack for what he says off the court, often complaining on the court. Nitpicking from our crazed social media society, or is it deserved in comparison to MJ and his actions?
Well I have a hard time picturing MJ being as Emo as Lebron is on social media. He's gotten really weird over the last couple years. Curry taking over as the new flavor seems to have hit Lebron in a weird way.
Screen-Shot-2015-03-02-at-8.07.23-AM.png

I mean WTF is that?

Reaction Score
Fill out the MonStars roster with today's comparable players:

Muggsy Bogues: If it were made 5 years ago I'd say Nate Robinson, but let's go with Isaiah Thomas
Larry Johnson: Let's go with Deandre Jordan to stick with a guy that's done a commercial in drag.
Patrick Ewing: Tim Duncan. A legendary big in the twilight of his career
Shawn Bradley: Mozgov? Just to get that token tall doofy guy in there?
Charles Barkley: Superstar PF with some comedy chops? Blake Griffin.
It's going to be all Nike guys.

Reaction Score
Question for the older generation . . . Do you think MJ would have received similar scrutiny and hatred had he played during the boom of social media?
No. Main difference between MJ and LBJ is that MJ had better handlers - or maybe MJ was smart enough to have and listen to handlers. Guy made virtually no public comments. He didn't speak well, but his commercials were limited to a few words or very short phrasings. He was an unyielding egomaniac and was hard on his teammates. He didn't use his filter when he had his induction, and he appeared petty and oddly fixated on perceived slights. I have no doubt LBJ is a stabler, more affable person. He just made several bad decisions in his career that many people will hang on to forever. Also remember that LBJ was a national figure in what? 8th grade?

On a side note, they were going to consider Curry for Space Jam but he doesn't jam.

Reaction Score
. Curry taking over . . . I mean what is that?
Curry is a flash in the pan, relatively speaking. He's 28. He wasn't viewed as elite until what? Two years ago? He's almost 30.

Regarding LeBron's text/tweet - what it was was "not intended for you."

Reaction Score
Curry is a flash in the pan, relatively speaking. He's 28. He wasn't viewed as elite until what? Two years ago? He's almost 30.

What does that even mean?

Reaction Score

Nobody does stupid like Frank Ivy. Curry is a flash in the pan, bwahahahaha.

Reaction Score
I personally think Lebron is a better person than MJ. I think Lebron seems like a decent human being. He's put his foot in his mouth a few times, but who hasn't. He's just on a bigger stage. He has been put on a pedestal since he started high school (maybe before that). I'm not sure I'd be such a good person. I think he gets a lot of crap because he actually cares what people think of him as a person at a certain level.

MJ was just an absolute assassin. He had the combination of tremendous talent, and a drive to crush anyone (friend or foe) that got in his way. He wouldn't be involved in social media even today because he would only care about beating everyone, not whether the liked him.

I know people that have met MJ. None of them came away with a positive impression of him as a person. But if the fate of the planet was on the line, I'd take him over Lebron any day. He'd kill the aliens and their families. Lebron would try to expand his brand to their planet.

Up next: Madonna vs. any Kardashian. Would Madonna out-nope a Kardashian if she had social media as a tool. I say the 80's / 90's star wins this one again. Maybe I'm just too loyal to my youth legends.

Reaction Score
No. Main difference between MJ and LBJ is that MJ had better handlers - or maybe MJ was smart enough to have and listen to handlers. Guy made virtually no public comments. He didn't speak well, but his commercials were limited to a few words or very short phrasings. He was an unyielding egomaniac and was hard on his teammates. He didn't use his filter when he had his induction, and he appeared petty and oddly fixated on perceived slights. I have no doubt LBJ is a stabler, more affable person. He just made several bad decisions in his career that many people will hang on to forever. Also remember that LBJ was a national figure in what? 8th grade?

On a side note, they were going to consider Curry for Space Jam but he doesn't jam.

Nike has advisors and people around LeBron to protect his brand. You will never see him getting into any trouble or something that will negatively impact his public image. He has had these advisors for years since he signed with Nike out of high school.

The Decision was LeBron's decision and he has regretted it since that day. Worst decision of his career and he understands that. Should have just left like a normal FA instead of staging a show.

Reaction Score
What does that even mean?
It means that you don't understand it because you're not the target audience. You don't understand it because you can't understand it, not because it's inscrutable. If a Chinese guy shouted out something in the market and you didn't understand it because you don't speak Chinese, you wouldn't conclude, based on your lack of comprehension, that he was "losing it" or "crazy." You'd conclude that you didn't have the antecedents to understand his point.

Reaction Score
Hey SJ, how is Curry's sprain coming along? From your vantage point swinging from his nuts you must have a good view.
I also think Lebron is more than a flash in the pan. Same goes for Leonard, Paul George, Thompson, Irving, Davis and the rest of the top 10 players in the league. If calling you out for calling the back to back MVP winner and best shooter of all-time a flash in the pan makes me a nut hugger than I guess I'm a nut hugger.

Reaction Score
Passsss...nothing can top the original.

File this under the same category as The Girl Ghostbusters reboot
To be fair, they tried the "Same Cast" sequel and it wasn't as good. While the Wig/McCarthy reboot might not be good, it might be better than Ghostbusters 2 (and I say this as someone who has all sorts of nostalgia love for it...it just isn't good).

Reaction Score
This dude has the worst NBA takes on this board, which is no easy feat.
He's had some bad ones, but his point that LeBron probably isn't a bad person isn't.

A few years ago he questioned the Cavs' loyalty to Irving. I disagreed with it then, and still now, but I've shifted a bit. His injury history and some of the clear disfunction on the Cavs (who will still go to the Finals) suggest there may be problems.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
To be fair, they tried the "Same Cast" sequel and it wasn't as good. While the Wig/McCarthy reboot might not be good, it might be better than Ghostbusters 2 (and I say this as someone who has all sorts of nostalgia love for it...it just isn't good).
No shot it even sniffs Ghostbusters 2 jock

Reaction Score
Space Jam 2 thread got a little crazy huh? Nut sacks, flash in the pans - love it!

Reaction Score
It means that you don't understand it because you're not the target audience. You don't understand it because you can't understand it, not because it's inscrutable. If a Chinese guy shouted out something in the market and you didn't understand it because you don't speak Chinese, you wouldn't conclude, based on your lack of comprehension, that he was "losing it" or "crazy." You'd conclude that you didn't have the antecedents to understand his point.
I follow him, we both speak English, we're close in age and oh yeah I'm a basketball fan. Guess I'm not his target audience? Beyond weird take on your part

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom