OT: South Padre Island | The Boneyard

OT: South Padre Island

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We'll be taking a family vacation to South Padre Island in May. Being that it's in Texas, I'm hoping to find a place to get a good steak, but am not finding much in my searches. Does anyone know of any such places in the area/restaurants in general?

Reaction Score
We'll be taking a family vacation to South Padre Island in May. Being that it's in Texas, I'm hoping to find a place to get a good steak, but am not finding much in my searches. Does anyone know of any such places in the area/restaurants in general?
I've heard anywhere.

Reaction Score
I can't offer any suggestions but I went there nearly 15 years ago for Spring Break in college, I thought SPI was mainly a Spring Break/party kinda place. Didn't know it was a family vaca spot too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You don't head to the shore for steak. Steaks are inland. Shore is seafood.

Reaction Score
whats up joober. I grew up in Corpus Christi, so I got all the info you need. Where exactly are you staying, ill hook you up

Reaction Score
South Padre is a long stretch, thats why i ask. Let me know

Reaction Score
Just curious, is there a North Padre Island? Does anyone go there?

Reaction Score
technically im sure there is, but proceed with caution

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
whats up joober. I grew up in Corpus Christi, so I got all the info you need. Where exactly are you staying, ill hook you up

I'm going to be toward the southern end of the island. We'll be staying at the LaCopa Inn Beach Hotel. We'll be spending some time in Brownsville as well.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Should've added we'll be in Brownsville a lot as well. That's still pretty close to the shore I suppose.

Reaction Score
gotcha, that is pretty far south. As far as steak Texas roadhouse is pretty good. if you're looking for a more hole in the wall place I would check out Liams. Also Rudys bbq has really good brisket. You should also check out some of the seafood places. Snoopys is the best ive had, but thats probly too far north. La pampa and mariscos de la rosa are probly closer and Ive heard good things about sea ranch and Joes oyseter bar. Have a good time

Reaction Score
We have an office in Brownsville. I can check with them . . .

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And I never could stay sober....on the Corpus Christi baaaaaay..

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
gotcha, that is pretty far south. As far as steak Texas roadhouse is pretty good. if you're looking for a more hole in the wall place I would check out Liams. Also Rudys bbq has really good brisket. You should also check out some of the seafood places. Snoopys is the best ive had, but thats probly too far north. La pampa and mariscos de la rosa are probly closer and Ive heard good things about sea ranch and Joes oyseter bar. Have a good time

Many thanks. We'll likely be giving all of these a try.

Reaction Score
The steaks in Texas are no better than Connecticut and not as good as New York. Spent a week a year in Dallas for about 8 years and you can definitely find good steak in Texas. Pappa Bros. in Dallas was pretty good.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The steaks in Texas are no better than Connecticut and not as good as New York. Spent a week a year in Dallas for about 8 years and you can definitely find good steak in Texas. Pappa Bros. in Dallas was pretty good.

Pappas restaurants are very good. My point was simply that if you're going to take a seaside vacation, the seafood stands and fish joints are where it's at.

Reaction Score
Should've added we'll be in Brownsville a lot as well. That's still pretty close to the shore I suppose.
Its still a bit of a drive to the shore and there is a whole lot of nothing till you get close to the causeway

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom