OT-Sorta. Did Temple really sell 50 tickets to AAC Championship Game? | The Boneyard

OT-Sorta. Did Temple really sell 50 tickets to AAC Championship Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Houston for AAC Championship versus undetermined location for Bowl Game

I can see for many people at this time of year, it's one or the other - not both.

I really think we'd have the same problem.

(I also heard that SA family tickets came out of Athletic Department allotment - but not confirmed)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
One has to imagine this is similar to the UConn-Fiesta Bowl ticket conundrum in 2010. I would expect 300-500 total Temple fans there, most buying through a secondary market.

In fairness it wasn't even set in stone until Saturday night that they would be playing in this game, and it isn't like they're playing Navy in Annapolis. They're playing Houston in Houston. Not many people can/will buy a flight/hotel/rental car to Houston on 6 days notice. Most fans will wait for the bowl game wherever that winds up being for them. If Temple wins this game and goes to NY6 and sells tickets this won't even be an issue.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The game is being played at Houston's stadium, not a neutral field. I don't think we would bring much more than a few hundred to Houston if we were in the same shoes. Probably less. Hard to get on Temple fans for this.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think we would do better, maybe not a ton better. Going to this game as a visitor is a tough ask, especially when the bowl game is more fun. OTOH, if we had 10 wins our bandwagon would be pretty full.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well Houston hasn't exactly set the world on fire selling them either.

Reaction Score
That's something we could be doing better. Using social meeting to attack false/unflattering narratives.
So true, that number if it is wrong, TU should call McMurphy out via social media. Good for them.

Reaction Score
the more important figure is total tickets sold... If houston can't fill that stadium alone, it is a glaring issue.
anyone that Temple brings is/should be gravy.

adjusting the scenario slightly, if it were uconn hosting the AAC, would they sell out the Rent? hopefully that's answered in the next year or so.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
adjusting the scenario slightly, if it were uconn hosting the AAC, would they sell out the Rent? hopefully that's answered in the next year or so.

If we were 11-1 going in I'm sure we would. In fact, scalpers would probably asking for above face.

Reaction Score
I don't know how the tickets for this game work, but I bought my tickets for the Fiesta Bowl from a third party site. So I didn't count as a UConn ticket buyer. It was so much cheaper than the packages they offered.

Reaction Score
If we were 11-1 going in I'm sure we would. In fact, scalpers would probably asking for above face.

If UConn was 11-1, ranked and hosting the conference title game with a shot at a NY6 bowl, I think we'd sell out that game no problem

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not only would we sell out, we'd have the bleachers added for another 3k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom