OT: Songs You Like, But Are Embarassed To Admit It | The Boneyard

OT: Songs You Like, But Are Embarassed To Admit It

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I LOVE your song Rocky. I think almost anyone could sing that and i'd love it. Here's mine (it could be said that she was one of the first to attempt rapping LOL - and... props to anyone who works the phrase "subtle whoring" into a song)...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Taylor Swift :oops::oops::oops::oops:

To my defense, I would have never been aware of this song if not for watching ABC Saturday Night Football last season every week. They used this as the opening theme Head bang

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, since Triad was brave enough to admitting liking some of Taylor's songs. I like Walk Off The Earth's cover of this better, but the original is pretty good. Has a long intro, gotta skip forward to get to the music (about 2:02).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Why would one be embarrassed about liking a song? Liking is an emotional thing, not an intellectual thing; in other words, there's no accounting for taste.

As those who follow the music threads have probably picked up, I'm a music geek. I like a lot of music that might be considered intellectual -- progressive rock, classical/baroque/romantic/modern, jazz including avant-garde jazz. . .

But I like the Carpenters and Spanky and Our Gang. I love Carly Simon and Blondie.

I'd be embarrassed to say I liked, say, Foreigner, but that's because I don't like them.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

To my defense, I would have never been aware of this song if not for watching ABC Saturday Night Football last season every week. They used this as the opening theme Head bang

That is a pretty good excuse with the football and all that, but I am not buying it! Nice try. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Did your lawn get wet?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Why would one be embarrassed about liking a song? Liking is an emotional thing, not an intellectual thing; in other words, there's no accounting for taste.

As those who follow the music threads have probably picked up, I'm a music geek. I like a lot of music that might be considered intellectual -- progressive rock, classical/baroque/romantic/modern, jazz including avant-garde jazz. . .

But I like the Carpenters and Spanky and Our Gang. I love Carly Simon and Blondie.

I'd be embarrassed to say I liked, say, Foreigner, but that's because I don't like them.
I think Rocky means that these are songs he likes ,or some poster likes, but we are embarrassed to admit that we know he/they like them. It nearly makes us guilty by association. Complicit somehow! ;)

Reaction Score
I was just a teenager when Hanson released their first (and most famous) hit song. And back then a lot of things embarrassed me, so I never told anyone how much I liked it. But now, as an adult, I sing it out and proud! haha. It doesn't hurt that these guys still sound amazing and the acoustic version is an improvement on the original (IMHO). :D

Reaction Score

There is absolutely nothing embarrassing about Blondie. Debbie Harry was/still is a goddess!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom